Community Conversation > Transsexual talk

News this morning (UK)

<< < (2/3) > >>

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: MollyPants on June 14, 2020, 08:03:56 am ---The article is behind a paywall unfortunately.  <Link not allowed>

It’s been widely shared on twitter though. Quack doctors is the key point regarding limiting what they can do privately. If a doctor is operating inappropriately then that’s a matter for their regulator so it is absolutely an attack on private health care.

The picture below is the actual front page.

Sorry if the quality is too poor to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing.  Some oversight is needed for sure.  The only quack I want is from a duck!

But restricting good medical providers with private payers is going over the top wrong.

I was just wondering though in a country with “government paid“ health care (it is actually paid by the taxpayers) if they were trying to limit access not only by longer wait times for services but by type of service.  Maybe they do that ready, but not specifically to single out trans care, private pay or not.   I hope they do not limit emergency care in any way.  I live in the USA.

Chrissy

Erika_:
Well this may not be the best thing to say, but I'm glad I don't live in the UK. {for more reasons than this one}

But I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

davina61:
I will be asking for my gender recognition certificate when I speak to GIC on Thursday. 

davina61:
Well I just signed an online petition , 5000 so far and growing. I would put a link but don't know how----------

BrightWindow:

--- Quote from: davina61 on June 14, 2020, 03:48:30 pm ---Well I just signed an online petition , 5000 so far and growing. I would put a link but don't know how----------

--- End quote ---
Is it on gov.uk? If so I can search it on their site and sign it if you would give me its name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version