Author Topic: Covid-19 and how to go back to normal  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Dweia

• Friend
Covid-19 and how to go back to normal
« on: June 25, 2020, 08:30:55 am »
In mid March I ended up into situation that I was forced to work from home.
I suppose many of you have been in the same situation.

So what happened was that I've dressed up as women every day, I think only socks and shoes have been "male" things to wear.

When I was needed to go to office to do things for customers, I ended up dressing much more feminine way than before, because I rarely saw anyone else than the people at the local grocery store. Earlier I've tried to have androgynous look with mixing more feminine top with masculine bottom or vice versa. In winter knitted/jumper dress with skinny jeans is one of my favorite outfit.

So summer is here and now I can wear my skirts, mini dresses (like avatar), maxi dresses at home.
I'm also using midi/maxi skirts and that avatar mini dress when I go out at the moment.

But what to do when summer is over, how to go back to "more male" office clothes or what to do.
I like skirts, dresses, but haven't yet find more feminine tops and shirts... And summer sale is here too, what to buy  ::)

The thing was, I was going to my dentist with a little bit more feminine outfit than usual and he noticed and asked me if I'm coming "out from closet". I just told him that I've used skirts since early 90's rave parties, but that make me wonder what should I do after summer holidays when things should be back to "normal" ...

So have no clue what is going to be my "normal" after summer holiday. More feminine androgynous look or fully "out of closet" at work.

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Covid-19 and how to go back to normal
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:51:59 am »
I took advantage of the sales and bought leather and suede booties to wear to work.

I don't know about your workplace, but the temperatures where I work are cold enough that GGs wear layers in the office.  I have a large selection of sweaters.

Marion

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 12:16:54 pm »
I took advantage of the sales and bought leather and suede booties to wear to work.

I don't know about your workplace, but the temperatures where I work are cold enough that GGs wear layers in the office.  I have a large selection of sweaters.

Marion

Yeah.. I'm living in Finland so sometimes quite warm summer, not as bad as southern Europe but currently almost 30 Celsius. On the other hand in winter it might be over -30 Celsius as well so eventually we need a good amount of different kind of clothes for several layers :D

Offline Gabrielageo

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 06:37:15 pm »
I mentioned this in another post, when I first moved to NYC, (1989, in my late 20's) I was dying to come out, ended up dressing almost full time for a while; the way I started was by wearing clothes that were kinda androginous, frilly t shirts, tunics, clogs, anything that wasn't overtly masculine but wasn't too feminine either, of course, unlike you, nobody knew me back then, it was mostly to ease my girly self out there

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:10 pm »
But what to do when summer is over, how to go back to "more male" office clothes or what to do.
I like skirts, dresses, but haven't yet find more feminine tops and shirts... And summer sale is here too, what to buy  ::)

It depends on you. You can wear whatever you want.

As I remember, it was already cold in September at Helsinky where I visited in 2007.

I liked to wear knit striped tees, which also called 'see-through' in Japan and S. Korea, when the summer is just over.

When I was in the US, those tees were on sale, at US$1-4 each in September. I purchased some.

You can wear them even in summer.

barbie~~

Just do it.

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 01:28:49 am »

I've started my journey around 2005 to really discover who am I? I have been twice unemployed since then and during those times my feminine side has helped me to go through those hard times. So for me this situation is something I've been wondering a lot: am I a  man or a woman or non-binary or something else.
How to be me and have a wonderful life now and in the future?

So I think for me it's an issue am I ready to come out and be ready to discuss this with co-workers and other people who will notice it. Also my current contract of employment ends at the end of December and I really want to continue in my current job.

Luckily I have 6 week summer holiday, so I have a lot of time to think about this.

Offline AnneK

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 10:10:41 pm »
For getting back to normal, I had my first mani/pedi in 3 months yesterday.  Unfortunately, they're not putting regular colours on right now, only shellac, as as they don't have the dryers set up properly for blocking the virus.
I'm a 67 year old AMAB who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 12:57:06 am »
For getting back to normal, I had my first mani/pedi in 3 months yesterday.  Unfortunately, they're not putting regular colours on right now, only shellac, as as they don't have the dryers set up properly for blocking the virus.

Well I went also for hair removal: legs are so smooth after sugaring. It's the only way I could imagine to wear skirt in summer  8)

I have considered also man/pedi but haven't had enough courage to do it. Maybe after summer holiday  ;D ;D

Offline BrianaJ

• Friend
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 11:18:37 pm »
Friends, there is no getting back to normal as it was before. Just new and different. 
~~Be kind~~

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 12:29:14 am »
Friends, there is no getting back to normal as it was before. Just new and different.

Yes, globally it will be the new and different thing.
This is a journey and that I've accepted already.

So I'm just trying to figure out what is it mean for me: should I come out of closet?
Am I really ready to answer different kind of questions, if I'm not so sure either.

My "best" answer would be I'm non-binary, not going to fully transition, but might want to have more feminine figure.

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 07:04:58 am »
... Summer holiday is over...

Went to work dressed as in my avatar and nails polished.

But as it looks like we are still going to work at home most of the time during this autumn.

So going to continue being fully dressed, at least at home  ;D

Offline BirlPower

• A birl in a binary world.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2020, 02:51:21 pm »
... Summer holiday is over...

Went to work dressed as in my avatar and nails polished.

But as it looks like we are still going to work at home most of the time during this autumn.

So going to continue being fully dressed, at least at home  ;D

How did it go? were your co-workers kind and supportive? Did it feel great? I'd love to know and I'm sure others are interested also. I'm in a similar position to you, I was nodding a lot at your first post.

B

Offline Sometimes Alice

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 10:18:56 am »
Yes, globally it will be the new and different thing.
This is a journey and that I've accepted already.

So I'm just trying to figure out what is it mean for me: should I come out of closet?
Am I really ready to answer different kind of questions, if I'm not so sure either.

My "best" answer would be I'm non-binary, not going to fully transition, but might want to have more feminine figure.

I think I'm in the same thought pattern as you, Dweia - non-binary but happy to be either way or androgynous depending on the situation.

I've got to self-isolate for two weeks (just come back from Europe), and so will be working from home. I've just painted my nails up this afternoon, and chilling in a skirt and knee high socks. Will be dressing feminine for the duration, but not sure I'd be able to do much in the office - it's quite a masculine work environment sadly...

Good luck to you!

Alice  :)

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 09:18:20 am »
How did it go? were your co-workers kind and supportive? Did it feel great? I'd love to know and I'm sure others are interested also. I'm in a similar position to you, I was nodding a lot at your first post.

B

Well, can't be sure how it went. We have quite strict laws against discrimination and I'm working at education sector where we try to encourage also our students to be what ever they want to be and have supportive environment for them to grow up.

So it's kind of strange situation at the moment. We have mtf on our current Big Brother season, we might discuss about that tv show, but it is a kind of personal thing to be gay,  transgender etc and we won't talk about it openly even with co-workers.

School management encourage us to self-isolate for the rest of the year. So even if I use more feminine/androgyne clothes, no one would even noticed it at school when there might be no one else than me.

Offline Berra

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2020, 02:10:42 am »

BrianaJ  Definitely right . Nothing will be same as past . We are waking up for a new world . Some says there will be water problem, some says electricity problem , some says non ending new viruses , some says they will labeling us with chips  all can happen or step by step . But not as past .

Tags: