Author Topic: Whats wrong with guys...sheesh  (Read 478 times)

Offline Bittydrew

• Friend
Whats wrong with guys...sheesh
« on: June 25, 2020, 09:56:19 pm »
Been talking to guys on the internet kind of makes me happy but all some what to do is show you there junk and its like what do I say sheesh just want to get to know them but not that way yet ....how do I handle this?

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
Re: Whats wrong with guys...sheesh
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 10:05:47 pm »
The longer I've been on HRT (Which I guess is not that long) the more I wonder why men (or at least some) act like such jerks. I always wondered and didn't easily identify (obviously) but now it getting worse.

One thing I think you have to take into account is that there are some people that are simply evil twisted types. Finding out how many people abuse kids and facing one in court.  Just an example but unwanted pictures of a guys junk?  Please... If I wasn't worried about a violent reaction I would say reply with, "ha ha ha ha" 

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 11:31:17 pm »
@Bittydrew  @JanePlain 
In my opinion and in my own experience, the best way to handle and/or reply to guys that want to send you pictures of their junk, or come on to you with vulgar one-liners, etc ......  is NO REPLY  .... either ignore or block them.

Any reply to a guy from a woman, nice or not, to guys like that just encourages them.  In their mindset, any reply is a good reply and while it is difficult to understand, even a "negative" reply from a woman is an encouraging reply.

No Reply, Ignore, Block
.... those are the options that I take when confronted with unsavory and unwanted messages.

Best wishes and HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 01:38:28 am »
Been talking to guys on the internet kind of makes me happy but all some what to do is show you there junk and its like what do I say sheesh just want to get to know them but not that way yet ....how do I handle this?

You have lumped men together as having some sort of problem, when in actuality you went trolling on the internet... and found trolls. You may find this surprising, but it doesn't surprise me at all. This isn't about all men having problems, it's about you associating with the wrong kind of men.

We all want validation, you should seek it from real life people who value you for who you are, not from people hiding behind a keyboard somewhere.
Veteran, US Army

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 07:33:38 am »
Every woman that I know who has had internet social conversations has had a few situations that they regret. The whole area is ripe for fraud. How do you know that the pictures they send you are their own real pictures:laugh:

I would think that someplace for a face to face meeting would be a much better option.

Just my opinion.

Oh by the way, I just found out that I have a long lost uncle in Nigeria who left me a lot of money. I  just need to send a small retainer to handle the paperwork.  :police:

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline MeTony

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 11:49:10 am »
Be careful with internet connections. If someone I don’t know wants to be my friend, my warning bells start chiming loud. I have, so many times I can hardly count them, been misstaken for a trans woman. I still have my birth name on facebook. Guys looking for some fun time catch zero fish in my pond. I have blocked 2 people who would not leave me alone and started sending me inappropriate descriptions of them selves and what they were doing. The others lost their interest when they realized I’m also a dude.

There are so many trolls. Be careful. Be wise. Always assume the person behind the pic is someone else.

But there are good guys too. The thing is, the good guys don’t announce that. They don’t need to. Actions tell you more than words. I’m sure you have good guys nearby. Someone you might not have noticed.

Tony

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 01:55:39 pm »
Well, it should be common knowledge that online is an cauldron of humanity - take everything as fake until proven otherwise...
With that out of the way, let me share :)

So, 12 months or so ago, I was feeling pretty good about myself and how I looked, I wanted some affirmation without any ties, so to the internet I went. I logged into a free online dating app, created a false name account and posted a couple of low res, but still okay pictures of me and waited to see what response I would get.
I did not want to initiate any contact, but waited until I got chat requests.
Within 5 minutes a guy (Raj) sends a message, very complimentary about my picture - I blush - wow, yes, that is what I needed. Someone saying I looked beautiful (I never mentioned trans in my bio, just the plain basics, age etc I wanted to see if I could hold my own amongst my cis-sisters).

So, okay, I know - this is wrong on my part - I have no intention of meeting any of these guys and I went to lengths to hide my location (VPN and Tor from a remote VM, if interested?).. Nothing identifiable about me really apart from a 200px photo. - that is bad, but my desire to know if I would be desirable was pretty high!

I text chat to this guy for about 3 minutes. It is fun, he is very nice and looks hot in his photo. Then I get a chat request from 'Mark' - I open it up and find it is the exact same message that Raj sent me, is staring me in the face from Mark - It was a very specific compliment about my eyes, and worded (including spelling mistake) exact...
Hey hang on, somethings going on here......
So I respond to Mark, with a simmilar but slightly different response than I used to Raj... He responds with Raj's second comment to me.
I ask Raj a question, something that a computer bot would not be able to answer easily (what do you specifically like about my dress). He replies. I talk to Mark, who is about 3 lines behind Raj at the moment. So, I pretty sure they are actually human, but absolutely know they are not Raj and Mark, heck I don't even know they are dudes. I do know, they obviously are working on the same script.

So, I send Mark his next line :)
Mark goes quiet for a while.... Meanwhile Raj is still telling me how stripes make me look thin....
I then ask Raj, do you know a Mark? I think he might be your brother or something???
Raj goes quiet....
I then confront them both about being scammers. They block me.

I take the transcripts of both the conversations and email them to the owners of the site, using their own system they have set up to report fraud.

The site cancelled my account. Yep, that is right, I reported and provided evidence of 2 scammers on their site and their response was to deny me access to it and ban me from entering ever again.

Scammers are obviously big money for these places - more so than genuine (<cough>) people looking for love.

Be warned, be cautious. Treat it as a game, your private details are the prize.
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 05:26:39 pm »
Sarah you have nothing to worry about.  Whatever your doing is (honest!) really working so keep on rocking it.

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 07:46:35 pm »
I love how you played it, Sarah.

There are actually boiler rooms full of these poor schmucks reading off the same scripts. Alas, the banhammer had to fall simply because you were bad for business.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 11:02:33 pm »
Guys sheeesh
How about big promises that come on too soon and never start to happen...

Stood up all ready for nothing  :o

Time to play the game with someone who follows through... at least on something.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 12:07:30 am »
Just to be perfectly clear....

In this world there are respectable, responsible, honest, reliable and good people of good character.... men and women ....
... and
there are those men and women that are NOT any of those good things ... it is not just the guys as this thread subject title might possibly suggest.

The anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people as most of us know.  The bad ones will usually make themselves know in short order.

Be careful out there in cyber space land.....  on the internet forge ahead slowly and carefully when it comes to possible friendships and romantic entanglements.... then later when meeting for the very first time, do it in a public place for a brief meeting over coffee, let your friends know where your are and who you are going to be with.... and a great safety measure is to have a friend call you on your cell phone while you are part way into your brief meeting/date.... that will give you a way out as you can then claim that you are needed elsewhere, then leave with your own transportation.

Have fun, but be safe.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Liina

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 10:46:12 am »
Hi Sarah, wow that is crazy hey, it is hard to find trust on the internet that is for sure, one has got to be vigilant.
Thanks for sharing.
Liina
Well, it should be common knowledge that online is an cauldron of humanity - take everything as fake until proven otherwise...
With that out of the way, let me share :)

So, 12 months or so ago, I was feeling pretty good about myself and how I looked, I wanted some affirmation without any ties, so to the internet I went. I logged into a free online dating app, created a false name account and posted a couple of low res, but still okay pictures of me and waited to see what response I would get.
I did not want to initiate any contact, but waited until I got chat requests.
Within 5 minutes a guy (Raj) sends a message, very complimentary about my picture - I blush - wow, yes, that is what I needed. Someone saying I looked beautiful (I never mentioned trans in my bio, just the plain basics, age etc I wanted to see if I could hold my own amongst my cis-sisters).

So, okay, I know - this is wrong on my part - I have no intention of meeting any of these guys and I went to lengths to hide my location (VPN and Tor from a remote VM, if interested?).. Nothing identifiable about me really apart from a 200px photo. - that is bad, but my desire to know if I would be desirable was pretty high!

I text chat to this guy for about 3 minutes. It is fun, he is very nice and looks hot in his photo. Then I get a chat request from 'Mark' - I open it up and find it is the exact same message that Raj sent me, is staring me in the face from Mark - It was a very specific compliment about my eyes, and worded (including spelling mistake) exact...
Hey hang on, somethings going on here......
So I respond to Mark, with a simmilar but slightly different response than I used to Raj... He responds with Raj's second comment to me.
I ask Raj a question, something that a computer bot would not be able to answer easily (what do you specifically like about my dress). He replies. I talk to Mark, who is about 3 lines behind Raj at the moment. So, I pretty sure they are actually human, but absolutely know they are not Raj and Mark, heck I don't even know they are dudes. I do know, they obviously are working on the same script.

So, I send Mark his next line :)
Mark goes quiet for a while.... Meanwhile Raj is still telling me how stripes make me look thin....
I then ask Raj, do you know a Mark? I think he might be your brother or something???
Raj goes quiet....
I then confront them both about being scammers. They block me.

I take the transcripts of both the conversations and email them to the owners of the site, using their own system they have set up to report fraud.

The site cancelled my account. Yep, that is right, I reported and provided evidence of 2 scammers on their site and their response was to deny me access to it and ban me from entering ever again.

Scammers are obviously big money for these places - more so than genuine (<cough>) people looking for love.

Be warned, be cautious. Treat it as a game, your private details are the prize.

Offline Liina

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 10:54:46 am »
Thanks Danielle for posting this note, that is a great piece of advice. It is sad in a way though because if distance is a problem and trying to create friendship with like minded folks it just throws the things out the window. Ya I get it, over time one will try if feeling is right and may take vulnerability for a walk and contact someone and then get shut down. I do long for the days when friendship could happen with easier methods. Since internet and email has come in those old fashion ways are seen as unrelaible since it involves some sort of electronic methods to to reach out. Very hard to figure that trust out or means to contact, I find that and it probably because I am older. Interesting time in our culture.
Thanks for you awesome points of advice. With all the stories and instances that have happened one has to hold safety first and foremast.
Liina
Just to be perfectly clear....

In this world there are respectable, responsible, honest, reliable and good people of good character.... men and women ....
... and
there are those men and women that are NOT any of those good things ... it is not just the guys as this thread subject title might possibly suggest.

The anonymity of the internet can bring out the worst in people as most of us know.  The bad ones will usually make themselves know in short order.

Be careful out there in cyber space land.....  on the internet forge ahead slowly and carefully when it comes to possible friendships and romantic entanglements.... then later when meeting for the very first time, do it in a public place for a brief meeting over coffee, let your friends know where your are and who you are going to be with.... and a great safety measure is to have a friend call you on your cell phone while you are part way into your brief meeting/date.... that will give you a way out as you can then claim that you are needed elsewhere, then leave with your own transportation.

Have fun, but be safe.
HUGS,
Danielle

Tags: