Author Topic: The site and Susan urgently needs your help!  (Read 989 times)

Offline Susan

• Susan's Place Transgender Resources
The site and Susan urgently needs your help!
« on: June 27, 2020, 01:18:32 am »
I know things are tight with the COVID-19 layoffs and everything, to the point that even long term friends have had to drop their support. 

I am to the point I am afraid to pay my rent this month for the first time ever, because we are significantly below the emergency line ($3,000 in the bank). Rent was due 5 days ago, and I only have $1976.22 left in the bank, and for this month still owe around $1,000 to cover rent and other bills this month.

I never ask for help until things get extremely desperate and that's where they are right now! Things have never been as bad as this before! Please consider donating or subscribing anything at all helps, and I so need your help. 

In March we got in $3866.10 to make up for previous shortfalls. In April we received $1351.21 and May $993.41. That's $2,344.62 for 2 months. The site has to have a minimum of $2,000 per month minimum just to barely survive, and $2,500 a month to pay the bills and to build up the emergency buffer. All of the money we received in March is now gone, and I have not been paid at all in the last 2 months. The site's bills always have been paid first.

I have cut everything I can to the bare minimum and can't cut any more, even my hormones went last year. I was barely scraping by and could not afford the visits to the doctor, and the bloodwork.

The cupboards are getting so bare I had 4 pieces of toast for dinner tonight, and it may sound cliche but my baby Shadow has fleas something I have been crying about every night as I watch him being mercilessly tormented by them crawling all over him and knowing I can't afford to buy him flea and tick treatment right now.

We need to raise $4,000. $2,000 of which will go to help catch us up by paying the current month bills, buy food and shadow's flea medicine, and another $2,000 to cover next month's bills and hopefully that will stabilize things for a few months. I can make a little go a long way. Anything more would be absolutely amazing.

Each dollar of your donation or subscription enables roughly 100 people to receive lifesaving support. A lot of the visitors to this web site like myself are living in poverty, and to ensure that no one is left out in the cold, all the resources we provide are available freely to everyone! This is possible through the generous support of members like yourself. We serve no advertising in order to protect our members privacy. This site is available to our members and visitors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We have been providing support to the transgender community for the last 25 years, and accepting member support for only 5 of them.

I could not continue to run this site without the members stepping up to help. If you are able please send a little something extra this month even if it's just $1.00.

Thank you all for your support and love!
Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! You can also view the donor wall of fame.

Offline Susan

• Susan's Place Transgender Resources
Re: The site and Susan urgently needs your help!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 01:31:30 am »
I want to thank everyone who stepped up and donated to help dig the site and me out of our covid-19 hole.

In the last couple of weeks Rent has been paid. Loan payment has been brought current, and the rest of the site bills have been paid.

I now have some food in the house but still have an urgent grocery shopping expedition in my future, it's not the safest thing to do right now in Tennessee with COVID-19 running rampant; We had a record number of new cases in our state and in my county yesterday. Don't worry I will be wearing surgical face masks and gloves. I might even be able to afford to restock my toilet paper supplies (down to 4 rolls).

Oh and Shadow now has his flea medicine! That was the second thing I did after I paid my rent. Oh and he may be a daddy soon again. Will let you know more about that when it is confirmed or not.

I should have more than enough in the bank to cover the upcoming bills. I hope it won't be necessary to do this again for the foreseeable future! I really know how to pinch a penny!

Everyone who contributed has my undying gratitude! But whoever donated the $2,000 today, all I can do is say wow your generosity literally touched my heart. I thought I was having a heart attack when I saw it. I ugly cried! Don't worry though it was a good thing! You took a lot of very bad stress off of my back.

I don't deserve you all, and I know that! Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:59:12 am by Susan »
Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! You can also view the donor wall of fame.

Pammie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 06:30:55 am »
I want to thank everyone who stepped up and donated to help dig the site and me out of our covid-19 hole.

In the last couple of weeks Rent has been paid. Loan payment has been brought current, and the rest of the site bills have been paid.

I now have some food in the house but still have an urgent grocery shopping expedition in my future, it's not the safest thing to do right now in Tennessee with COVID-19 running rampant; We had a record number of new cases in our state and in my county yesterday. Don't worry I will be wearing surgical face masks and gloves. I might even be able to afford to restock my toilet paper supplies (down to 4 rolls).

Oh and Shadow now has his flea medicine! That was the second thing I did after I paid my rent. Oh and he may be a daddy soon again. Will let you know more about that when it is confirmed or not.

I should have more than enough in the bank to cover the upcoming bills. I hope it won't be necessary to do this again for the foreseeable future! I really know how to pinch a penny!

Everyone who contributed has my undying gratitude! But whoever donated the $2,000 today, all I can do is say wow your generosity literally touched my heart. I thought I was having a heart attack when I saw it. I ugly cried! Don't worry though it was a good thing! You took a lot of very bad stress off of my back.

I don't deserve you all, and I know that! Thank you so much!
Can you remind me again where the link is to donate? Thanks! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 06:40:16 am »
The donation buttons are at the top center, and bottom left of the page.
Veteran, US Army

Pammie

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 11:24:26 am »
The donation buttons are at the top center, and bottom left of the page.
I always access Susan’s on my mobile and I don’t think I see the buttons on the mobile screen rendering!
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 12:40:31 pm »
Try coming on with Tapatalk disabled, Pammie.  :)
Veteran, US Army

Tags: