Author Topic: Keto MtF  (Read 211 times)

Offline ArielleKeil

• Visitor
Keto MtF
« on: June 28, 2020, 04:23:15 am »
Hi everyone! I’m 171cm 60kgs and on a keto diet as well as gymming regularly. I’ve lost 3 kgs from 63 kgs and I’m hypersensitive to changes in my face and I’m worried that loss of fat = loss of feminising fat in my face? I can’t find much info on google as the only trans people that were talking about it were talking about it from a dramatic weight loss point of view whereas I’m just trying to get into peak form.

Additional notes idk if it will help but I’m post op and 3 years HRT. Also I have been feeling very fatigued on this diet I’m 1 week in

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Keto MtF
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 05:38:28 am »
Dear Arielle,

Just posting your height and weight is not enough to tell us if you should be on a Keto diet or any other diet, for that matter. From your posted height and weight, I do not think you are overweight at all.

What is your percentage body fat?

A very fit and trim woman should be around 18-22 % body fat and many more average around 25-30% body fat.

If you are feeling fatigued with this diet, I think that your body is telling you something.

I am a proponent of healthy, sustainable plant based diets. Keto is none of these. Yes, you can lose body fat on a Keto diet, but as soon as you go back to eating as you previously did, you will gain all the weight back and maybe some more as well.

Getting into peak form is so individual that nobody can make any broad statement that correctly applies to everyone. Peak form is a type of thing where we just try various weights and see which weight works best for us.

With only 3 years of HRT, your body is still feminizing. Most of the big changes are already and from now on you may experience some more subtle changes, especially to your face.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 08:27:49 am »
Not enough information. We don't know what you're actually eating in terms of calories and macro splits and how many meals you're having a day. You might not be eating enough. 63kg might not be too high. I'd say you're probably fine.

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 02:21:20 pm »
1 week in is kind of the "Keto flu" as some people like to call it.  Just stick through that rough part and you'll feel amazing later.   I do know that much about that diet.  Easily the best diet I ever found.  I admit, I don't stick to it worth a darn, but it's amazingly good.   I just accept the fact that I reset it every time I cave and want some serious carbs.

Tags: