Author Topic: Panic attack after dysphoria crisis  (Read 140 times)

Offline Dany

• Neighbor
Panic attack after dysphoria crisis
« on: June 29, 2020, 10:56:19 pm »
Hi girls, Jessica here. Long time I haven't been to this awesome forum!

So, check this out. I got home from work, I'm an uber driver, and went straight to take my shower as usual. As I got in, for some unexplained reason I started being more conscious of my genitals than what's considered normal, I don't know, I just kept kinda feeling the thing there a little too much. Then, I started feeling extremely uncomfortable with myself, almost as if I was inside the body of a stranger or something of the sort. It's like I was actually afraid of the organ, of course it has caused so much havoc in my life but uh I usually can just try to ignore it.

I got out of the shower and went to the kitchen to make me a tapioca (kinda like a taco, but it's a powder that gets crunchy as you heat it, then you can put whatever you want it in between, anyways) and I started thinking fast, my heart start pounding hard, I was afraid something bad was either gonna happen to me or with me you know. That sort of feeling. I was able to relax after thinking "oh, this has something to do with the dysphoria crisis just now".

Have any of you ever had a situation like this? Your dysphoria getting so bad you had a panic attack and everything? You know, I'm not claiming that the GCS will solve all my problems but life without this rather troublesome little part of my body will be glorious. Gosh...taking a shower like a normal person, not having to look up to avoid looking at your genitals. Wow. Hope I can save the money as soon as possible.

Anyways, thanks for reading girls. Hope everyone is okay! This pandemic has got to go away, hasn't it? I'm sure it will soon.

hugz and kisses!

Offline Allie Jayne

Re: Panic attack after dysphoria crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 06:12:10 am »
Hi Jessica! I suffer badly with dysphoria, but it is rarely sudden onset. I do have genital dysphoria which has prevented me from touching or using my genitals for many years, and if there is any sensation down there it does kick off dysphoria. I am scheduled for GCS. My dysphoria gets severe when I am not progressing my transition, but it starts with a bad feeling for a couple of days, then goes to confusion, then anxiety causes spasms in muscles at the back of my skull, then that starts a headache which then turns into very stiff neck, sore shoulders and chest pains.By this time I am unable to function and need medical attention. But this happens over many hours or even a couple of days, and has lasted up to 4 months.

You sound like you may have had an anxiety attack, but you were able to recognise the cause and calm yourself. Just remember that if it happens again. I feel stupid as sometimes I simply haven't recognised my dysphoria attack until it got serious. If you recognise this early enough you can usually do something to stop it getting bad.

Hugs,

Allie

Online pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
Re: Panic attack after dysphoria crisis
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 10:28:46 am »
Hello Jessica

I am extremely  unhappy with what is between my legs and get aggravated at times and vent my rage by stamping round my house.

However it usually  builds up over a day or two instead of being sudden.

I too look  forward to seeing my naked body as it should always  have been after GRS  which I hope to secure  next year.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Tags: