Author Topic: what do you think about "The last of us 2"?  (Read 159 times)

Offline Ely-chan

• Neighbor
what do you think about "The last of us 2"?
« on: June 30, 2020, 04:15:34 pm »
Hi!!! there every one!!!

So my question is what's your opinion about "the last of us: 2", and the controversi behind this game.

Tell me if you played it or saw a gameplay, and if you like the story and background....

thanks

Offline JennyTG

• Family
Re: what do you think about "The last of us 2"?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:26:47 pm »
What's the controversy?  Saw a fair bit of gameplay, wasn't really interested at all.  How about you?

Offline Ely-chan

• Neighbor
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 05:19:43 pm »
Hi Jenny,

About me... I was waiting for it, because "the last of us" was a good game. I was thinking in buy it but now i really not like.

Days ago the critics gave a good score around 8.2 / 10 , but the user gammer gave a score of 3.5 / 10 to the game ...

After that, some of my friends who play video games posted that it was boring and disappointing compared to the first game. poor attractive story and few zombies ((for a game that is sales like a horror game of zombies thats not good)... and other memes and coments like that.

On the other hand, a critic wrote that a protagonist who is a lesbian cis-woman, strong and independent, makes men feel insecure and that is why they reject the game. I'm not a "male" and i don't like the game and thats not make me homophobe or insecure of nothing.

i think thats only a bad game with narrative and mechanical errors. and the sexuality of the protagonist is not the problem that user find.

In the end, the bad reception of " the last of us 2", affect how future AAA games would include LGBTI characters. Probably I'm wrong and other person have a other opinion or view point that i don't see...

Online LaRae

• "No one ever wetted clay and then left it, as if there would be bricks by chance and fortune."
  • Friend
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 06:26:06 pm »
If I recall, there was also controversy because a lot of people were assuming one of the characters was Trans, plus that character apparently goes through some horrible things, & that led to the game being called transphobic.

Last I heard, however, it seemed she was just a cis girl with a big frame. I haven't been following it though, as I tend to steer clear of that kind of controversy. In my experience, it it invariably disintegrates into hate.

EDIT: Actually never mind, just looked up to fact-check, & there is a FtM character who is kicked out, then deadnamed & persecuted by their previous group for coming out.
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you."

Offline Dweia

• Friend
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 06:22:48 am »
Well I've played Uncharted 1-4 and with those games the focus has been the story. And the Naughty Dog studios has always wanted to include good story on their games.

I just finished the last of us 1,  because I thought that there might be actually too much zombies.

The last of us, isn't a horror/zombie game, like Resident evil.
It isn't a survival game like DayZ or ARK.

It's a story driven action-adventure game like Uncharted, but in the post-apocalyptic world where you might fight with some zombies.

I will play the last of us 2 later, after my son has finished it first  ;D ;D

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 04:30:46 pm »
I played the first one, and IMO it was a masterpiece of gaming.

The second one, I've avoided. Partly because it seems to have suffered from the same thing a lot of stuff nowadays suffers from. The manbaby "anti-woke" crowd leaping all over it, with neckbeards a-quivering, determined to hate it. Partly also because I intensely dislike entertainment mediums being used as a vehicle to have any sort of agenda. People play games to get away from all that stuff. If a movie, game, book... whatever... uses its medium to try and push a message then I shy away from it.

Let players play. Let watchers watch. Let readers read. Without trying to tell them what you think should be important. There are other places for that. Entertainment isn't it. Entertainment is a place of the imagination. A place for dreamers to dream. Away from all that baggage.

Everything to do with any sort of entertainment these days seems to be either made to be, or hyper-scrutinised with the intent of finding, some kind of message. And that bothers me. What happened to just telling a ripping yarn?

Tags: