Author Topic: Testicles stuck after tucking  (Read 529 times)

Offline Janesgirl

• Visitor
Testicles stuck after tucking
« on: July 05, 2020, 07:41:33 am »
Hi there,

I have noticed an odd change that is giving me a bit of concern and I'd like to know if it's nothing to worry about or if I should speak to my doctor as soon as possible. I apologise in advance if the answer has already been posted but I haven't been able to find it so if you could just point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

First a bit of background. I'm a 62yo transgender woman, happily married for 39 years. I've lived as a woman for the last 14 years, never had surgery or hormones and, having seen how intrusive the GRC process is, I put up with the inconveniences caused by having a name and appearance in one gender and official documentation in another.

So, the issue. Wearing female clothes usually means tucking so I've tucked pretty much all day every day for 14 years - even in bed. I tuck in what I understand is the usual way - push my testicles up into my body so they form little bumps above my penis and then poke my penis down between my legs to get rid of the bulge and so that any post-pee drips end up in the gusset where they belong.

OK, so far so ordinary. Three days ago I noticed that I didn't need to push my testicles up, they were already there! In fact, when I thought about it, I couldn't remember having to push them up for months. Now the worrying bit - they won't come back down. I expected to just give them a bit of a prod and they would drop down into my scrotum but they won't move. I've pushed at them so hard it's made my eyes water but they won't move.

So, my question is has this happened to anybody else? If so, what was the outcome? Am I being a silly worry-wart or should I make a doctor's appointment as soon as I can?

X, Rosalie
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 08:17:18 am by Northern Star Girl »

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Testicles stuck after tucking
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 08:07:13 am »
@Janesgirl
Dear Rosalie
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first several postings. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 08:07:30 am »
@Janesgirl
Dear Rosalie:

OH, and another thing....
If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and other readers the thread back so that the conversation can continue

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Janes Groove

• Jane's Groove
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 10:48:36 am »
Since you are not on female hormones I can't see how it is natural for testicles to retract like that.  I would ask your doc.

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 06:12:27 am »
Mine were mostly inside for over 10 years prior to HRT, but I was diagnosed with hypogonadism. This hasn't caused a problem for me. My penis was also completely inside me before HRT which led me to developing phimosis (shrinkage of the opening of the foreskin). I thought this might be an issue for my surgery consult, but the surgeon had no problems manipulating me to get them out.

I have heard that long term, inguinal testicals have a higher risk of cancer, but ask your doctor about this.

Hugs,

Allie

Offline Janesgirl

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 06:34:05 am »
So, firstly I would like to apologise for the language that needed to be edited. I promise to use proper words in the future.

I had a video consultation with my GP yesterday afternoon. It was a bit weird pointing my phone at my groin while following her directions to prod and probe but she got what she wanted for a diagnosis.

My testicles are lying between my skin and the muscles of the abdominal wall. They are attached to my abdominal wall but not my skin. She has referred me to the urology department of our local hospital to have a consultant take a look and also ordered a scan as that's the first thing the consultant will need.

I'll let you know more when I've seen the consultant.

X, Rosalie

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 11:08:06 am »
@Janesgirl
Dear Rosalie
Please, no worries about your edited language, you are new here and are just becoming familiar with the forums rules.

I am so glad to read that you are seeking a proper professional medical diagnosis and possible treatment.
I appreciate that you are keeping us up to date with what is going on... this is not only important for you but it is very useful information for all of our members.

Also, only if you feel so inclined you can go to the  Introductions Forum  to let more members know about your arrival on the Susan's Place Forums.

Wishing you well... I will be looking for your future postings as you feel comfortable sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle

So, firstly I would like to apologise for the language that needed to be edited. I promise to use proper words in the future.

I had a video consultation with my GP yesterday afternoon. It was a bit weird pointing my phone at my groin while following her directions to prod and probe but she got what she wanted for a diagnosis.

My testicles are lying between my skin and the muscles of the abdominal wall. They are attached to my abdominal wall but not my skin. She has referred me to the urology department of our local hospital to have a consultant take a look and also ordered a scan as that's the first thing the consultant will need.

I'll let you know more when I've seen the consultant.

X, Rosalie
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline Berra

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:21 am »
Since you are not on female hormones I can't see how it is natural for testicles to retract like that.  I would ask your doc.

Hi Ladies.
I am tucking but not 7/24 ot daily. As much as I have free time, I am doing it. By the way no HRT but my testicles are also easily tucked by theirselves when I sit. I have micro penis due to overwieght and even my small clit is tucking it self without any effort. Sometimes I am scaring but I wish it could come outside only if I need it to use for my wife

Offline Janesgirl

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 12:04:03 pm »
Hi everyone, sorry about the delay but 4 weeks from referral to seeing a consultant in the NHS is actually pretty quick. Anyway, after reading the radiologist's report on the MRI scan, viewing it for himself and conducting a very gentle physical examination, he has concluded that my testicles are stuck where they are because abdominal adhesions have formed between them and the abdominal wall.

A quick digression on the subject of abdominal adhesions. These are inappropriate formations of scar tissue by the abdominal wall as a result of injury or surgery. The tissue grows as a ribbon and is a common cause of bowel obstruction and infertility in women where it wraps itself around either the ovaries or the fallopian tubes. Now aren't you glad that you read that?

Anyway, back to my testicles now stuck on the outside of my abdominal wall. The consultant suspects that the adhesions developed as a result of the localised pressure from my testes being pressed against the muscle. The simple solution would be to cut through the adhesions to release them back to my scrotum using laparoscopy. The downside to this, apart from the usual risks of surgery, is that I would have to stop tucking (I like tight skirts, pants and swimsuits which all look rather unpleasant if you leave everything where it was originally placed) and that I could develop adhesions between my abdominal wall and epidermis which could be very uncomfortable.

The alternative is even simpler; just leave them where they are. The downside is that I will lose fertility due to my body heat. My wife and I are both 62 so I don't see a problem there. There is also the risk that the adhesions will eventually strangle the blood supply or the testicles themselves. Either way it would be very unpleasant and could result in losing one or both of them. The good news is that the adhesions are only about half a centimetre (0.2") in diameter so they don't appear to be growing.

In summary, we have agreed to do leave things as they are for now and have another scan in 6 months unless something changes in the meantime.

There is a message in this update. Women who have male genitalia have to tuck if they are wearing clothes that are tight across the front of the hips. Many of us tuck when we don't have to because it just feels right and are only untucked when not wearing underwear. I and many women like me have been doing this without being aware that there is a risk. This thread publicises the risk and I hope that it helps someone like me.

X, Rosalie

Tags: