Author Topic: Hi, I’m new here  (Read 446 times)

Offline Gale

• Visitor
Hi, I’m new here
« on: December 16, 2018, 11:02:14 am »
I’ve been secretly on and off wearing lingerie since a teen. Alway felt a sting connection to liking feminum things. Have thought about castration for a long time also as high testosterone wastes so much time on sexual thoughts. Seven years ago I tried T blocker for 2.5 months and loved how I felt without T in my system, just a nice calm feeling. I knew someday I needed to do it again and for a longer time. Fast forward, devorsed 5 years ago and kids grown up and with medical event that paralyzed me from the waste down so nothing works anymore and just in the way, it’s time to do something about how I really am inside. I’m now a week in on T blockers and estradot patches. Can’t wait to see how I feel with no T and higher estrogen.

<edit by moderator>
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:16:39 pm by Jessica »

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Hi, I’m new here
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 01:00:20 pm »
Hi Gale,

Welcome!  Good to hear that you are making progress despite your issues. 

Offline Jessica

• I love you. No...... I might not know you, but if folk can hate for no good reason, I can love.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 01:19:37 pm »
Hi Gale 🙋‍♀️ Welcome to Susan’s Place!  I’m Jessica.
Sorry to here of your being paralyzed, but it doesn’t seem to make you unable to live your life on your terms.  Disability is a matter of opinion.

I see you’re new here, so I’ll post some links that may help you get better acquainted with the site. Pay attention to the site rules they can be of great help and don’t forget the link highlighted red.  It has answers to questions that are commonly asked.  Then join in on a topic you find interesting and learn and share.

Things that you should read

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

Offline LizK

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 01:28:51 pm »
I’ve been secretly on and off wearing lingerie since a teen. Alway felt a sting connection to liking feminum things. Have thought about castration for a long time also as high testosterone wastes so much time on sexual thoughts. Seven years ago I tried T blocker for 2.5 months and loved how I felt without T in my system, just a nice calm feeling. I knew someday I needed to do it again and for a longer time. Fast forward, devorsed 5 years ago and kids grown up and with medical event that paralyzed me from the waste down so nothing works anymore and just in the way, it’s time to do something about how I really am inside. I’m now a week in on T blockers and estradot patches. Can’t wait to see how I feel with no T and higher estrogen.

<edit by moderator>

Hi Gale

Welcome to Susans..great place with lots of support and good information..

You have had a tough  run especially with the physical restrictions you have...there is nothing quite like being able to settle those inner demons.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 01:30:19 pm »
Gale,

Welcome!

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline V M

• The Female Clint Eastwood
  • Family
  • The Butterfly flutter by smile upon you
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 06:13:25 pm »
Hi Gale  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 12:47:06 pm »
Welcome aboard Gale!!! It sounds like despite life’s challenges you have hope in your heart for all the amazing discoveries in life ahead... All good things to you!!! You are among friends here!

Onward we go...

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,210798.1520.html

Offline Gale

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2020, 02:51:32 pm »
I have Been seeing a gender therapist for 9 months and have an appt to see a HRT doctor on 7/9
Nervous but looking forward to see how it goes.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 04:28:45 pm »
I have Been seeing a gender therapist for 9 months and have an appt to see a HRT doctor on 7/9
Nervous but looking forward to see how it goes.
@Gale
Dear Gale:
This is good news.
Please know that being "nervous" is normal for all of us, especially when finally being serious enough to start HRT.

When you have more to report regarding your HRT and the beginning of your HRT journey you may want to start a thread and post your update on the
             Hormone Replacement Therapy sub-forum   (HRT)
   LINK:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,42.0.html

and/or perhaps start your very own transition thread in
                Member Blogs
   LINK:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,326.0.html

I will be eagerly looking for your future posts around the forums.
Best Wishes to you,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Tags: