Blogs > Member Blogs

One New Life to Live

<< < (82/103) > >>

Laura1951:
11/20/21

Be Careful What You Ask For

When I envisioned what I wanted to write for my first FT anniversary and began to brainstorm what I'd like to share, I fully thought this would be a three-part series. While that may still come to pass, now that I'm committing time to paint my thoughts into words, I'm finding that this may end up being much longer. Much, Much Longer.

I'll be offline writing for the next week and plan to begin publishing next Saturday. Wish me well.

Onward.

Laura

Northern Star Girl:
@Laura1951
Dear Laura:
I will be eagerly looking forward to reading your treatise regarding you FT anniversary.... 
... I am so very happy for you that you have reached this big personal achievement
in your transition journey....
As always, HUGS and best wishes
Danielle

--- Quote from: Laura1951 on November 20, 2021, 10:21:59 pm ---11/20/21

Be Careful What You Ask For

When I envisioned what I wanted to write for my first FT anniversary and began to brainstorm what I'd like to share, I fully thought this would be a three-part series. While that may still come to pass, now that I'm committing time to paint my thoughts into words, I'm finding that this may end up being much longer. Much, Much Longer.

I'll be offline writing for the next week and plan to begin publishing next Saturday. Wish me well.

Onward.

Laura

--- End quote ---

Laura1951:
11/24/21

Giving Thanks
This Thanksgiving, the first as Laura, is a good time to stop and reflect on all the things i'm thankful for this year. I'm deeply thankful for:
1. The many friends i've made this past year, people who accepted, embraced, and protected me. They far outnumber my bullies.
2. My neighbors whom were incredible from the start. I love my neighborhood.
3. My health care provider where i always found understanding and respect.
4. My fur babies. They bring joy, love, and humor everyday.
5. My tennis team. They surrounded my with their love,  support, acceptance and protection. Every match with my partner, Yeng, is a joy, win or lose.
6. My tennis coach who's worked to improve both my game and my self-confidence.
7. My sister, while not having met Laura in person yet, loves that she has a new sister.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Laura

Oldandcreaky:
How about your new face too? You look better in your current photo than I've seen in past photos. Way better!

Laura1951:
Thank you, @OldAndCreaky. You're right. FFS, which was 15 months is what gave me confidence to appear in public. That, getting deep into electrolysis, and another year of HRT has had a positive impact on my appearance.

Laura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version