Author Topic: Breasts and HRT....  (Read 327 times)

Offline Jaymilynn

• Friend
Breasts and HRT....
« on: July 16, 2020, 11:17:50 pm »
Ok, I’ve been on estradiol and spiro for 3 months. I know this isn’t a very long time but I’ve actually experienced some breast growth. I started feeling the E working within a few days of starting. Burning in the nipples and aching in each breast. At about the 2 month mark I had gained 1-3/4” in bust measurement and nearly constant burn, ache and itching and buds that were around 2” in diameter. Now at the 3 month mark I’m not really feeling any of the pains I was feeling before and the buds don’t seem to be as large. I also lost an inch in bust measurement. This has me worried. Do you think my worry is unfounded since I’m so early on HRT?  I have literally lost everything that I cared deeply for because I’ve began transitioning so losing what I’ve gained in my breasts is especially disheartening. Thanks in advance.

Jaymi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do the thing you fear the most and the death of fear is certain

Offline Meghan

Re: Breasts and HRT....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:12:22 am »
I think after three months Estradiol begins to adjust to your body system

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Meghan Pham: MtF Transgender, Transsexual, Transwoman, social justice, Caregivers, Certified Nurse Assistant

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 07:38:02 am »
Breast growth on HRT is not constant, and with many things in life YMMV. My breast growth had been reasonably steady for the first several months, then abruptly stopped around the one year point. At the two year point, after no growth for a year, I had a breast augmentation performed at the same time as GCS.

Transitioning can be a bit of a roller coaster ride for a while, but eventually it will settle down. Enjoy the journey...

Love always -- Jessica Rose
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out - Jessica Rose
GCS Thread - GCS and BA with Dr. Ley on 21 Feb 2019 - Jessica_Rose
GCS II and FFS Thread - GCS II and FFS with Dr. Ley on 26 July 2019 - Jessica_Rose
23Mar2017 Started Estradiol / 16Feb2018 Full Time! / 21Feb2019 GCS Dr. Ley / 26July2019 GCS II & FFS Dr. Ley

Don't let others tell you who you are. Be yourself, the world will adjust. -- Jessica Rose

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 04:31:37 pm »
Ok, I’ve been on estradiol and spiro for 3 months. I know this isn’t a very long time but I’ve actually experienced some breast growth. I started feeling the E working within a few days of starting. Burning in the nipples and aching in each breast. At about the 2 month mark I had gained 1-3/4” in bust measurement and nearly constant burn, ache and itching and buds that were around 2” in diameter. Now at the 3 month mark I’m not really feeling any of the pains I was feeling before and the buds don’t seem to be as large. I also lost an inch in bust measurement. This has me worried. Do you think my worry is unfounded since I’m so early on HRT?  I have literally lost everything that I cared deeply for because I’ve began transitioning so losing what I’ve gained in my breasts is especially disheartening. Thanks in advance.

Jaymi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jaymilynn
Dear Jaymi:
What you reported regarding your breast growth issues as it relates to HRT is something that you certainly would want to discuss with endocrinologist. 

In my own experience with my early months with HRT I did have ups and downs in the effects of HRT regarding changes in my body.   It is possible that all of what you described is absolutely normal but for sure at your next appointment with your endo doctor be sure to discuss your concerns. 

HRT usually does not work very quickly but it does work...   patience is required for sure.  Be advised that what you read about others and their HRT experiences and results may not be your own.  The effects of HRT are dependent on your own unique individual genes and your body makeup.

As the previous comment by @Jessica_Rose eluded to: 
    "Breast growth on HRT is not constant, and with many things in life YMMV."

Some may experience more dramatic results more quickly and others will experience less dramatic results more slowly....  again, PATIENCE IS REQUIRED.
The phrase we use here on the forums is YMMV, meaning that Your Mileage May Vary and that your results will be unique to you.
If you feel so inclined, please keep us all posted with your updates.

Thank you for sharing and posting...
...here on the Forums we are your biggest fans and are always rooting for your success and happiness.

HUGS and Best Wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Tags: