Author Topic: Hi Ladies ! 💃  (Read 312 times)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
Hi Ladies ! 💃
« on: July 09, 2020, 11:35:45 pm »
After too many years (decades really 😎), I have the common story of fits and starts, denial, purging, fear and loathing, shame and guilt......hiding.... I have been sliding down the slippery slope towards transitioning for several years at least I think so and hope I haven’t been trying to ice skate uphill 🥶

I found Susan’s Place a while ago, began lurking 👀, and finally realized I was not alone. It was such a relief to find many others sharing common history and bonds. I feel like I know many of you by reading your stories of trials and triumphs. I am looking forward to sharing my journey with everyone and making many life long friendships as we navigate the unknown together.

Hugs,

SoCal Holly

PS. Is it just me or do other people have trouble hearing the letters and words. I’m having to guess to make it through the verification process lol

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Hi Ladies ! 💃
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:55 pm »
After too many years (decades really 😎), I have the common story of fits and starts, denial, purging, fear and loathing, shame and guilt......hiding.... I have been sliding down the slippery slope towards transitioning for several years at least I think so and hope I haven’t been trying to ice skate uphill 🥶

I found Susan’s Place a while ago, began lurking 👀, and finally realized I was not alone. It was such a relief to find many others sharing common history and bonds. I feel like I know many of you by reading your stories of trials and triumphs. I am looking forward to sharing my journey with everyone and making many life long friendships as we navigate the unknown together.

Hugs,

SoCal Holly

PS. Is it just me or do other people have trouble hearing the letters and words. I’m having to guess to make it through the verification process lol

@SoCal_Holly
Dear SoCal_Holly
    I am so very glad that you finally came out of the LURKER ZONE and decided to join us.
Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting.

I want to make certain that you are aware that we have BOTH Ladies and Gentlemen here on the Susan's Place Forums.... not just Ladies as your Subject Title of your first thread here indicates so be sure to say hello to the Gentlemen when you run across their postings and threads...

.... also rest assured that after several more postings and activity here that you won't have to deal with the initial verification procedure any longer....   patience!!!

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:58:35 am by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 01:18:58 am »
Hi Gents !

Thanks for the reminder Danielle! 😇

I’m still a little shell shocked I had the nerve to actually follow through this time. Tried many times before and just couldn’t do it. Feel like a chick that has been kicked out of the nest.

Offline MeTony

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 01:40:52 am »
Hi there! Welcome to Susans. :)

Tony

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 08:53:20 pm »

I’m still a little shell shocked I had the nerve to actually follow through this time. Tried many times before and just couldn’t do it. Feel like a chick that has been kicked out of the nest.

Welcome.  I feel the same way. Long time lurker here too but I finally joined and started to face myself. 

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 11:51:57 pm »
Thanks for the welcome and encouragement Tony and Susannah!

Things have moved at warp speed this week. I thought I would have more time to process everything. Called my PCP for endo authorization to insurance, insurance called me the next day good to go, called the endo for an appointment, they said how about tomorrow at 9 am (yikes that fast !?), blood work next day, 3 days later I’m back in his office, then to the pharmacy with magic pills in hand. Wow !

Gotta say it was like a 10 ton weight was lifted off my shoulders, what a relief I’ve felt. Calm the last two days I have never experienced before. Just feels “right”.

HollyXu

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 04:22:41 am »
Things have moved at warp speed this week. I thought I would have more time to process everything. Called my PCP for endo authorization to insurance, insurance called me the next day good to go, called the endo for an appointment, they said how about tomorrow at 9 am (yikes that fast !?), blood work next day, 3 days later I’m back in his office, then to the pharmacy with magic pills in hand. Wow !

Excellent! That really is warp speed. Here in the UK, you won't get that speed even if you go private.

Nice job! And welcome to your journey to the other side!
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 07:16:32 am »
Hi SoCal_Holly,

Welcome!  That is great news on the medical side of transition!

Marion

Tags: