Author Topic: Just Got A Prescription  (Read 377 times)

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
Just Got A Prescription
« on: July 30, 2020, 10:03:18 pm »
My prescription is only for spironolactone so far. Still very hesitant about all this so that I am starting slow. 

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
Re: Just Got A Prescription
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 12:34:35 am »
Cool! And I'm with you - I prefer to work up in sensible increments on any new med. Your endo will prob want you to run your labs frequently at first, so you'll have plenty of chances to make adjustments.

Good luck

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:14:32 pm by Battle Goddess »
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 12:46:36 am »
My prescription is only for spironolactone so far. Still very hesitant about all this so that I am starting slow.
@Susannah
This is exciting news....   "starting slow" is good.   As time continues on, I would expect that your Doctor may adjust dosage as indicated by your blood labs, and may add other HRT drugs as required.

Please keep us all updated as you feel comfortable doing.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 03:07:00 am »
Susannah:

Great news! Way to go on moving forward! I’m so proud of you!

The first step is always the hardest one.

Hugs!

Holly

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 03:09:07 am »

Congratulations!  ;D

Even on a low dose of spiro, stay hydrated. Drink way more water than you think you need to.

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 07:30:45 am »
Congratulations!   :)

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 09:51:30 am »
Congratulations Susannah. I assume you took the first dose yesterday or today!

Wishing you every happiness and success and nothing wrong at all with starting slow.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 02:44:37 pm »
Congratulations!  ;D

Even on a low dose of spiro, stay hydrated. Drink way more water than you think you need to.

Hugs, Devlyn

Most true. At first it felt like a vicious cycle (drink-pee-drink-pee), but you feel so much better with the water than without.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 09:49:15 pm »
Thank you everyone for kind words. 

I still cannot believe I am starting this.  It still feels surreal now. I will take it slow and see where it takes me. After all, Spironolactone should not provide feminization at a low dose anyway unless estradiol is added.  I guess that will happen sometime in the future.  Some how, it is so terrifying yet cannot wait to get there.

Offline AnneK

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 10:06:52 pm »
I have been on Estradiol for well over a year.  Prior to that I have been on Dutasteride, so I don't need other meds.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 08:28:16 pm »
Updating my one month into taking spironolactone. 

To be honest, I am not certain if this was the start of transition or not.  I am certainly not sure still how deep I want to go since there will be lots of complications to transitioning.  Then again, I started taking spironolactone.  At least, I am getting my feet wet. I am taking things really slow. 

After 1 month, my libido is definitely down even at low dose spironolactone only.  As expected, I have to go to restroom A LOT.  I normally drink lots of water but still get really thirsty.  Otherwise, there have not been any changes, not that I expected without any estradiol.  I will decide after the end of 2020 to see where I will go from here.  Only if I were in my 20s......, there would not be any hesitation.

Tags: