Author Topic: Taking the plunge  (Read 908 times)

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
Taking the plunge
« on: July 16, 2020, 02:09:05 pm »
Friday I begin HRT - Estradiol.  And I'll continue on Finasteride for now rather than Spiro.

So exciting!

I am sure that there will be some kind of placebo effect, but I am looking forward to the experience.  I so want my brain to be on the right "fuel".

I have read and read accounts from Trans women on the Internet.  Listened to my doctors etc, but I'd like to hear from my girlfriends here as to what I should expect, lessons learned etc.

Hugs

Dayle

Offline pamelatransuk

• Finally taking action after decades of suppression
Re: Taking the plunge
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 02:25:01 pm »
Congratulations in advance Dayle for starting HRT Estradiol tomorrow 17th.

You'll remember taking the first tablet or applying the first Patch forever! Or will it be perhaps be injection or gel? Enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

You are completely correct. You'll realize that you are indeed on the right fuel. Any fog in your mind should clear and you should experience  a great sense of peace.

Wishing  you happiness and success.

Hugs

Pamela xx

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 02:56:17 pm »
@Dayle1957
Dear Dayle:
What you reported regarding starting your HRT/Estradol and continuing your T-Blocker is worth me saying CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!  This is and will be an exciting time for you in your transition plans.

Most likely you are correct about that there will be some kind of placebo effect.... HRT does not work very quickly but it does work...   patience is required for sure.  Be advised that what you read about others and their HRT experiences and results may not be your own.  The effects of HRT are dependent on your unique individual genes and your body makeup. 

The phrase we use here on the forums is YMMV, meaning that Your Mileage May Vary and that your results will be unique to you. 
Some may experience more dramatic results more quickly and others will experience less dramatic results more slowly....  again, PATIENCE IS REQUIRED.

Thank you for sharing and posting... here on the Forums we are your biggest fans and are always rooting for your success and happiness. 
If you feel so inclined, please keep us all posted with your updates.

HUGS and HUGS,
Danielle

Friday I begin HRT - Estradiol.  And I'll continue on Finasteride for now rather than Spiro.
So exciting!

I am sure that there will be some kind of placebo effect, but I am looking forward to the experience.  I so want my brain to be on the right "fuel".

I have read and read accounts from Trans women on the Internet.  Listened to my doctors etc, but I'd like to hear from my girlfriends here as to what I should expect, lessons learned etc.

Hugs

Dayle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Battle Goddess

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 03:36:08 pm »
Do bear in mind that the first few months are all about getting your hormone levels stable in the right range. Your endocrine system isn't like anyone else's, so give yourself and your doc plenty of time to navigate, adjust, and settle where you need to be.

Changes come, but those first few months are light on changes and long on patience.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:56:51 pm »
Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words!

I will let you know how it goes.

Hugs

Dayle

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 12:42:52 pm »
Dearest friends,

Well, I've had my first experience with Estradiol.

I expected up front to have a placebo effect and even with this and trying to be very logical I felt like I was suddenly seeing brighter colors and more vivid details within the first hour.

I have to think it was just psychological, after years of yearning for this moment but that makes it no less "real" to me.

It was wonderful.  Now I don't expect everything to be rainbows and unicorns going forward but it is great feeling to know that all of my previously starving Estrogen receptors are finally getting what they crave.

Love

Dayle

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 01:38:07 pm »
Dearest friends,

Well, I've had my first experience with Estradiol.

I expected up front to have a placebo effect and even with this and trying to be very logical I felt like I was suddenly seeing brighter colors and more vivid details within the first hour.

I have to think it was just psychological, after years of yearning for this moment but that makes it no less "real" to me.

It was wonderful.  Now I don't expect everything to be rainbows and unicorns going forward but it is great feeling to know that all of my previously starving Estrogen receptors are finally getting what they crave.

Love

Dayle

Congratulations.

Keep us updated!   :)

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 07:39:09 pm »
All,

So it has been one week. 

Here is what I am experiencing so far:

I seem to be a bit more calm, I have been sleeping better and the world just seems a bit brighter.  No dizziness or headaches or anything like that at all.  My blood pressure is good, maybe a bit better.  I realize it has only been a week, but so far so good.

On the physical side I can tell you that my nipples have been more or less "at attention" the last couple days.  Sensitive to the touch but not painful. 

Again, only a week, but I can tell something is happening... and I think I like it!

Hugs

Dayle

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 08:17:50 pm »
All,

So it has been one week. 

Here is what I am experiencing so far:

I seem to be a bit more calm, I have been sleeping better and the world just seems a bit brighter.  No dizziness or headaches or anything like that at all.  My blood pressure is good, maybe a bit better.  I realize it has only been a week, but so far so good.

On the physical side I can tell you that my nipples have been more or less "at attention" the last couple days.  Sensitive to the touch but not painful. 

Again, only a week, but I can tell something is happening... and I think I like it!

Hugs

Dayle

Sounds all good to me!   :)

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 10:39:47 pm »
I think so Chrissy!!

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 09:56:21 pm »
Keep us informed.  I would like a reference to what to expect if and when I start HRT.  Thanks.

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 11:13:37 am »
Of course Susannah!

I probably should combine my two threads...  Although I initially felt calm, the last week or two I have experienced high libido.  I hope it is temporary.  I suspect so.  Maybe in part the excitement of knowing I am on E and hopefully lowering my T.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 12:09:54 am »
Dayle:

That’s exciting news, I’m 1 month on HRT. Looking forward to your updates!

Hugs,

Holly

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 06:18:56 pm »
Hi Holly,

What are some of your observations so far?  Thoughts?  Feelings, mental, physical?

Pretty exciting huh?

Dayle

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 03:22:33 am »
Dayle:

Definitely everything you are going through for me as well.

Drinking tons of water, more inner calm, more emotional responses, less aggressive triggers. Was noticing (imagining ?!) skin changes particularly in the elbows and knee caps being much less rough. And feeling softer all the way around. 

Feel like a ten ton rock has been lifted off my shoulders.

Everyday is a new experience.

Hugs,

Holly

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2020, 01:56:59 pm »
Ditto,

I love waking up and thinking "I am a woman... I have Estrogen running through my veins and doing it's magic"...

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2020, 09:35:52 pm »
Dayle:

Definitely everything you are going through for me as well.

Drinking tons of water, more inner calm, more emotional responses, less aggressive triggers. Was noticing (imagining ?!) skin changes particularly in the elbows and knee caps being much less rough. And feeling softer all the way around. 

Feel like a ten ton rock has been lifted off my shoulders.

Everyday is a new experience.

Hugs,

Holly

It seems that hrt had greater impact on your emotions than physical.  Please keep us posted.  Thank you.

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 11:13:22 am »
All,

I certainly have felt more empowered.  Being more open about my femininity.  It feels right.

Other changes... I think I smell like a girl and there is something going on with my skin.  All very subtle.  Might be my imagination, but that's cool.

Dayle

Offline Dayle1957

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2020, 12:23:38 pm »
Update -

One month in.  For about a week I was noticing nothing at all, which kind of bothered me, but I just had to realize that this is a long road, not a sprint.

But my nipples are sore again, so something is going on.  They are definitely getting bigger, and are showing through my shirts and tank tops.

I do seem to be calmer over all.  Conversely I find I am a lot less afraid to express viewpoints, emotions etc that are more from the feminine side of the spectrum regardless of what others may think.

When I look in the mirror I am seeing a woman.  Others may not, but I do not care.

Hugs

Dayle

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2020, 05:14:06 pm »
THIS                        THIS
   |                              |
   |                              |
  \/                             \/

but I just had to realize that this is a long road, not a sprint.

/\                            /\
   |                             |
   |                             |
THIS                       THIS

Never forget it!

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Tags: