Author Topic: Loss of Tasta / Smell?  (Read 181 times)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
Loss of Tasta / Smell?
« on: July 18, 2020, 03:50:55 am »
Not sure if this was related to COVID-19 or not, maybe so. I didn’t have any other COVID-19 symptoms. This happened about 4 months ago. Mostly recovered taste / smell except for Diet Coke.

Not a problem I guess but I love Diet Coke. Well more like super addicted. Was drinking 3-4 a day before the doctor read me the riot act so I cut down to 1-2 a day. Hmmmm guess I should have put that in my favorite food blog. Then after the taste / smell change hit I still like it a lot but cut down to one a week. Mostly because it tasted slightly different. I mean I still really like it a lot and it Still tastes way better than Pepsi regardless.

Anyhow, I have have been ramping back up to a couple a week, well to be honest more than a couple a week.

Do you think being on HRT will make the Diet Coke start tasting back to “normal” or “will time just take care of it” or
‘will I just adapt to the change”? Or am I crazy to even worry about this and should just quit, lol.

I know this is probably a stupid topic, as I’m here drinking a Diet Coke but like I said I REALLY like Diet Coke, lol

Not as bad as a friend of mine who has the Diet Coke bar code tattooed on his forearm to expedite checkout.

Hugs,

Diet Coke Holly 🥤

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: Loss of Tasta / Smell?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 03:55:24 am »
I never call anyone crazy. I just avoid eye contact and quickly cross the street.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Tags: