Author Topic: Applied for a job...discrimination.  (Read 688 times)

Offline LunatheaEvergreen

• Visitor
Applied for a job...discrimination.
« on: July 21, 2020, 07:03:41 pm »
So i just moved to a new city( small town) due to running out of funds because of covid 19. Can't get a job and had to move in with my wife's friends. I applied at my wife's friends job, manager looks through my background...finds my old information and disclosed my old information with people. How many? Don't know but my wife's friend said they're making a deal about me being trans. Just when you think you have enough problems...

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
Re: Applied for a job...discrimination.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 09:18:37 pm »
So i just moved to a new city( small town) due to running out of funds because of covid 19. Can't get a job and had to move in with my wife's friends. I applied at my wife's friends job, manager looks through my background...finds my old information and disclosed my old information with people. How many? Don't know but my wife's friend said they're making a deal about me being trans. Just when you think you have enough problems...

I wonder if they got the memo of the SCOTUS decision?

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:28:31 pm »
I don't think they did. I'm not sure they've heard that it's illegal to share background information with the public either.  Like if an employment facility requires permission to view your PERSONAL INFORMATION maybe just maybe it's not for sharing. And it's not like it's not obviously that I'm trans but are you serious?

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 10:21:53 pm »
I don't think they did. I'm not sure they've heard that it's illegal to share background information with the public either.  Like if an employment facility requires permission to view your PERSONAL INFORMATION maybe just maybe it's not for sharing. And it's not like it's not obviously that I'm trans but are you serious?

Maybe they need to get the memo.

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 01:09:58 am »
Maybe they need to get the memo.
You know if i didn't dislike being trans so much i probably would do something. Why can't i just blend in?

Offline Gertrude

• Trudie
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:07:01 am »
You know if i didn't dislike being trans so much i probably would do something. Why can't i just blend in?

I don't know if there's anything anodyne for some of us. Some jump in head first and swim through the cesspool to greener pastures and some of us as stuck in a hell or between a rock and a hard place as Joanne B reminds me. Part of it is our situations and part of it is age/indoctrination/internalized transphobia/personality. At 58 and living like this for over 50 years has its consequences. There are times I'd rather get in the square circle with these aholes and just pound it out. Unfortunately that wouldn't change much if anything. Culture takes time to change. Unfortunately we may not be alive long enough to see the change we want. For me, I have a lot of resentment that I am like this as I didn't ask for it and the consequences I've had to bear living in a society of ignoramuses. If there is a god, it's not going to end well for him.

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 10:10:10 am »
You're being exposed and it's not right.

It might bring you unexpected support.  Counter reaction.

Still not right.

Stay safe please.

Offline Erika_

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 10:41:22 am »
Oof, I get that.

It can be hard to find a job while being trans.
For me it's because my ID hasn't been changed yet, and I look nothing like it.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 02:13:12 pm »

Like Gertrude said, they need to get the memo...in this case, an attorney should be in good order to 'deliver it' to them, and bring them into court to really hammer it down (ESPECIALLY, as it sounds like witness can corroborate the complaint).

It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Tags: