Author Topic: Therapy and Transitioning  (Read 289 times)

Offline MelissaAnn

• www.tickerfactory.com
Therapy and Transitioning
« on: July 27, 2020, 01:56:46 pm »
The process of transitioning has been more than being seen in any specific gender or another for me. Whether or not someone sees me as male of female doesn't matter to me anymore. What matter's to me is how I see myself.

One of the reasons I believe in following WPATH is the requirement for therapy. Through my therapy I looked deep within myself. I had to come face to face with the demons I had buried deep within.

Its important to find that therapist that you are comfortable with enough to feel safe to open up. I was able to feel safe enough to lay my cards on the table, to fully expose those long trapped demons. To face my own fears about my truth.

What I saw and thought scared me. But my psychologist,  Dr. G, has made me feel safe to open up and work on myself. She has never judged me in anyway at all. She gas challenged me and pushed me to go deeper and deeper than I ever thought possible. She has taught my tools for handling daily life. Moreover, she has taught me tools for dealing with my dysphoria and dysmorphia. Things that used take me months to get over, now only takes hours. Things that used to make me depressed, hardly phase me.

The process is well worth the efforts and has taught me a lot about exactly what I'm capable of. It has allowed me to set boundaries and keep them. It has taught me who I am!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Therapy and Transitioning
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 02:03:28 pm »
The process of transitioning has been more than being seen in any specific gender or another for me. Whether or not someone sees me as male of female doesn't matter to me anymore. What matter's to me is how I see myself.

One of the reasons I believe in following WPATH is the requirement for therapy. Through my therapy I looked deep within myself. I had to come face to face with the demons I had buried deep within.

Its important to find that therapist that you are comfortable with enough to feel safe to open up. I was able to feel safe enough to lay my cards on the table, to fully expose those long trapped demons. To face my own fears about my truth.

What I saw and thought scared me. But my psychologist,  Dr. G, has made me feel safe to open up and work on myself. She has never judged me in anyway at all. She gas challenged me and pushed me to go deeper and deeper than I ever thought possible. She has taught my tools for handling daily life. Moreover, she has taught me tools for dealing with my dysphoria and dysmorphia. Things that used take me months to get over, now only takes hours. Things that used to make me depressed, hardly phase me.

The process is well worth the efforts and has taught me a lot about exactly what I'm capable of. It has allowed me to set boundaries and keep them. It has taught me who I am!

Melissa Ann,

I agree, a good therapist can help immensely.  I am glad you have one.    :)

Onward we go!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 02:21:00 pm »
Hi Melissa Ann,

That is great to hear the progress you have made!

Marion

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 12:59:43 pm »
Like you, I've found a good therapist to be so helpful. It can be a challenge to find someone with whom you click. We tried 8 different people but found a great one!

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Tags: