Author Topic: Really worried Ive transitioned too late  (Read 2214 times)

Offline JanePlain

• M2E2?2->ME
  • Finished questioning...
Re: Really worried Ive transitioned too late
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2020, 02:45:54 pm »
I started HRT at 32. This was me a few weeks before my 61st birthday. No make up, no FFS, natural undyed hair.

https://scontent.fman2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p206x206/31059517_621161468235047_1535646555749482496_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=IsDyt61PclQAX8dx6Zy&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.fna&_nc_tp=1002&oh=adb7e5a6b55215fac94392f916888bec&oe=5ED440C3

Thats it!  This is you without all the warpaint?  A doll....  How many women age 61 would kill to look so amazing? 

Offline big kim

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2020, 04:17:43 pm »
you need to go tospecsavers! I have quite a bit of weight to lose and a voice like Lemmy!

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2020, 06:20:58 pm »
I started my transition at age 56 (hence part of my screen name), roughly 50 years after I first put on my mother's nightie as a child and was mesmerized by how soft and silky it was, and how it made me feel.

I have plenty of room for regrets. Being sent to a psychoanalyst at age 13 and being asked "Is there anything you want to tell me?" and staying fearfully silent, my father passing away when I was 23, leaving me an inheritance I could have used for medical treatment, but never did. They seem like wasted opportunities, but I realize now it would have turned out very badly had I come out then. Being transsexual was a mental illness. I wouldn't have gotten help to transition, I would have been subjected to various "cures".

When I transitioned, I was strong enough, society was accepting enough, and medical resources had evolved enough to make it happen. It was the right time. It could not have happened before.
Thank you so much Terri.  I relate to many things in your post.

(Not relating to you or whether or not you recieved any treatmrnts)): For nearly 3 decades (I'm 48) I was subjected to, and continued, mental health treatments which delayed my transition and my life.  It required several long attempts to be free, so my journey could start. 
My experiences sheltered me in ways that I often cannot relate to people here. Everyone has obstacles and they can possibly be overcome.

Offline Maybebaby56

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2020, 08:54:56 pm »
Who was your FFS surgeon, maybebaby?

I went to Dr. Zukowski in Chicago. He did my boobs and my butt as well.

~Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2020, 09:14:50 pm »

~Terri

You must be his masterpiece! So happy for you, Terri.

Offline Gabrielageo

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2020, 12:47:59 pm »
You look great hon, and mind blowing when compared to the 'before¨
What were your results with HRT? I'm 59, I know it's all different for everybody but just wonder about your personal results

~Terri

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2020, 04:55:46 pm »
I think, as in a lot of things in life, if you made the decision (or indecision) not to do something then the you who was  around at the time had real good reasons - it was not the right time. That is not part of your history and there is nothing hindsight or someone saying you was wrong can do about it - so, don't sweat it. Do what is right for you now.
I did not start until I was 47 - I just turned 50 - yeah, I have large shoulders, smallish hips and only an 'average' bust - but you know, so do a lot of my cis-female friends - It is happiness that counts for everything and if it makes you happier to transition now, then now is the time to do so. Regrets are for losers! :)
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2020, 10:11:33 am »
@SarahEL read my mind! This is exactly how I feel (including the large shoulders, smallish hips and average bust). Pursuing happiness for the win!  :D

Sarah

I think, as in a lot of things in life, if you made the decision (or indecision) not to do something then the you who was  around at the time had real good reasons - it was not the right time. That is not part of your history and there is nothing hindsight or someone saying you was wrong can do about it - so, don't sweat it. Do what is right for you now.
I did not start until I was 47 - I just turned 50 - yeah, I have large shoulders, smallish hips and only an 'average' bust - but you know, so do a lot of my cis-female friends - It is happiness that counts for everything and if it makes you happier to transition now, then now is the time to do so. Regrets are for losers! :)
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ramilove

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2020, 08:45:35 am »
Sometimes I wonder,  what if I had transitioned when I was 30?  37 years ago when I first wanted. This is usually while  looking at my gray beard or partially balded head of hair. I do not regret my past choices, they are in the past, done,  and history. 

Electrolysis 3/4/2020
Estradiol 3/10/2020

Offline Maddie

• Family
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 12:06:22 pm »
There is a possibility that delaying transition saved my life.
Haven't always made good choices- could've been a problem
Glad to be here today, doing what I am

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Neighbor
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2020, 07:07:28 am »
Like so many others have said, 28 is not too old.  I transitioned at 45. 

Yes I am regretful I did not do it earlier.  However, I have learned a lot over the years and am happy with who I am today and there is no telling who I would be today if I had transitioned earlier. 

When i play this fantasy game of when should I have transitioned, that would have to be prior to puberty even starting, as that is when my natural hairline began to recede.  Which means I would have had to at least go on blockers when I was about ten years old, and with my family back in 1981, that would never have happened. 

Better to have transitioned now than never.

Offline Rebecca28

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2020, 10:16:53 am »
I am transitioning at 47. I would have never had two amazing daughters had I done it sooner. Yes it’s easy to say 30 years ago. I should have transitioned. Times have changed so much since. I have lived an adventure with no regrets. I am thrilled that now is the time for me. I have an amazing inner peace about it. So I know it’s right!

Offline terrik2016

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2020, 01:48:10 pm »
I will be 60 in  32 days.  This thread has given me so much hope.  Thanks everyone for the words of inspiration.

Offline Myranda

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2020, 06:32:37 pm »
I'm 23 years OLDER than you, you have NOTHING to worry about (look at my avatar)...if I can go from a old grumpy old man to this beautiful woman you can too! I started my transition at the YOUNG age of 50!

Sophia

And that is why I look up to you.  Not only do you look fabulous, you look younger than me, and I think about I'm 10 years younger too.

Tags: