General Discussions > Fashion

Purses, clutches, hobo bags, handbags, and crossbody handbags

(1/19) > >>

ChrissyRyan:
We sure do have a wide variety of handbags available.
I prefer good quality leather handbags with shoulder straps. But others certainly are considered.
I am not into designer labels just “because” they are designer labels.
If they make a bag I like I would certainly consider one though.  But not for the name.

What bag and purse styles and colors do you like? 

Exotic leathers?  Cloth?  Cowhide? 

Chrissy

sarahc:
My favorite bag currently is a smallish Merlot tote from Portland Leather Goods. The reason I like this tote is because it is the perfect size. It is just big enough to carry my 13” laptop or a moderate amount of stuff. But it isn’t ginormous like most other totes these days. Plus the handle drop is perfect. And it looks really good and fits with my casual style from spring to fall. Got it for around $160 - love it.

Sarah

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: sarahc on July 28, 2020, 08:31:50 pm ---My favorite bag currently is a smallish Merlot tote from Portland Leather Goods. The reason I like this tote is because it is the perfect size. It is just big enough to carry my 13” laptop or a moderate amount of stuff. But it isn’t ginormous like most other totes these days. Plus the handle drop is perfect. And it looks really good and fits with my casual style from spring to fall. Got it for around $160 - love it.

Sarah

--- End quote ---

Is that a crossbody tote, and does the laptop stick out the top?

Chrissy

sarahc:
It is not a crossbody tote, but it does have a top zipper. I did not want a crossbody, because I don’t like crossbodies except when I’m in a busy city and I care more about security. I have a more functional tote bag for situations like that.

The laptop does not stick out - it fits very nicely. Anything bigger than 13” would not work, however.

I looked long and hard for a style like this, and this was the only one I found with this size plus a zipper option plus a handy exterior pocket for non valuables that I need to access quickly (like reading glasses).

Sarah

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: sarahc on July 28, 2020, 09:10:48 pm ---It is not a crossbody tote, but it does have a top zipper. I did not want a crossbody, because I don’t like crossbodies except when I’m in a busy city and I care more about security. I have a more functional tote bag for situations like that.

The laptop does not stick out - it fits very nicely. Anything bigger than 13” would not work, however.

I looked long and hard for a style like this, and this was the only one I found with this size plus a zipper option plus a handy exterior pocket for non valuables that I need to access quickly (like reading glasses).

Sarah

--- End quote ---

Thank you Sarah.  :)

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version