General Discussions > Fashion

Purses, clutches, hobo bags, handbags, and crossbody handbags

<< < (2/21) > >>

TSL_NB:
I really like having my arms free, and considering I don't have a phone, and I leave my laptop at home, I usually just stick with some decent cargo pants that have good pockets, or a hip pack, if I don't have pockets available.

I haven't ever really warmed to purses or handbags (not yet anyway, but who knows...).

barbie:
Here my friends say that fashionable women should have at least 1 luxury handbag which costs more than several thousand bucks, urging me to follow it. I can not afford it, not because I do not have money, but because I have 3 kids and my priority is them. Usually, my handbags cost less than US$50, but many people believe they are > US$ 1,000. Thus, practically I do not need expensive ones.

barbie~~

Ellie_Arroway:

--- Quote from: barbie on July 30, 2020, 04:04:54 pm ---Here my friends say that fashionable women should have at least 1 luxury handbag which costs more than several thousand bucks, urging me to follow it. I can not afford it, not because I do not have money, but because I have 3 kids and my priority is them. Usually, my handbags cost less than US$50, but many people believe they are > US$ 1,000. Thus, practically I do not need expensive ones.

--- End quote ---

An excellent philosophy. I commend you for putting your family first. That's exactly the way it should be.

I don't know a lot about fashion! Neither do I care. I don't even know what is meant by a "tote" bag. Nor a "hobo" bag - that sounds a bit dodgy to me! I have a black leather crossbody handbag that is medium-sized that I use most of the time. All of my handbags are crossbody because I like my arms free.

When it comes to fashion in general, I tend to ignore it. I consider when I see clothing whether I think it would look good on me. That's it. I also shun designer labels for the most part.

As for a purse... Here in the UK, a purse is a small container for money and credit cards, much like a wallet. I kept my wallet for some time since starting transitioning until I realised that it wasn't really very feminine, and at that point, I got a purse instead. It's not a great deal different, really. It is also black leather, or at least leather-look, like the hangbag.

The most I've ever paid for a handbag is £20. I can't imagine paying much more, ever. There's no way I would ever go into three figures for one.

ChrissyRyan:
The color of the bag can make a difference in terms of being usable for more outfits.
Tan seems like a neutral brownish color, however I unsure if that means all tints and shades of “tans.”

I can say that for the tans, I prefer the darker brown shades.  Perhaps a cowhide or light honey tint.  Yes, honey can look light or dark!  There seems to be quite the range of browns.

Beige is whitish in its tint but I think it has brown in it.

Perhaps some of you who are very fashion conscious or knowing can elaborate.   :)

Chrissy

ChrissyRyan:

--- Quote from: sarahc on July 28, 2020, 09:10:48 pm ---It is not a crossbody tote, but it does have a top zipper. I did not want a crossbody, because I don’t like crossbodies except when I’m in a busy city and I care more about security. I have a more functional tote bag for situations like that.

The laptop does not stick out - it fits very nicely. Anything bigger than 13” would not work, however.

I looked long and hard for a style like this, and this was the only one I found with this size plus a zipper option plus a handy exterior pocket for non valuables that I need to access quickly (like reading glasses).

Sarah

--- End quote ---

Those are nice.  I noticed more handcrafted handbags on Etsy and by doing Web searches.
The high quality leather ones can be very durable.  Yes, they do weigh more than other materials.
I am going to do some more in person shopping too, as it is nice to personally check out the handbags.

Chrissy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version