Author Topic: FTM shoulder pain/clicking  (Read 172 times)

Offline TheCampbellMan

• Visitor
FTM shoulder pain/clicking
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:18:48 am »
The weight of my chest and wearing a binder has given me very painful shoulders that click and strain all the time. I get headaches easily and the pain and tension in my neck easily gives me a debilitating headache.

I have a rather large chest so going without binding isn't an option (and I don't want to anyway) but I can't go to get professional treatment because... Well obvious reasons. I feel incredibly self consious.

I was suppossed to get a consultation for chest surgery this year but then the world decided to catch on fire so that didn't happen.

What should I do? I'm at a loss and sick of losing so much of the day to debilitating headaches and shoulder pain. 

Offline TheCampbellMan

• Visitor
Re: FTM shoulder pain/clicking
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 05:50:52 am »
Ok after a little bit of digging I found a YouTube video about Shoulder Pain and Popping.

(link as removed, but the video is 'Shoulder Pain and Popping (SHORT & LONG TERM FIX!)')

It's geared towards weighlifters and men who exercise regularly but he's a physical therapist who knows his stuff. I was skeptical at first but after a few goes at it my shoulder stopped cracking and my pain was gone. I'm going to incorporate the exercise into my everyday routine.

My prompt now is this: does this work for you? I'd love if this helps someone else.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:16:15 pm by TheCampbellMan »

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 07:48:31 am »
Hi The CampbellMan,

Good to hear you found some exercises that help.

Have you tried hiding your thin waist with padding?

Looser clothes may also help.  Women wear tight fitting clothes and guys wear loose fitting clothes.

Marion

Offline EZ Linus

• Lovable Non-binary Person
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 01:13:36 pm »
Hi Campbelman,

I too have large breasts and bind them. It hurts all the time, but I don't have the clicking thing, just horrendous pain. I am nonbinary but am looking to have top surgery. You can still get a virtual consultation you know. And many doctors are still scheduling surgeries for January. That's when I am hoping to get mine: Jan/Feb. It gives me some time to lose a little weight.

Have you tried a lot of different binders? I have about 10 different ones I use and the pull-on ones from MyDoubleDesign are probably the most comfortable. They don't bind as tight as some others, but they are the most comfortable and bind pretty good. They are also much thinner mesh and less hot.

I am waiting on my insurance to get the okay for a consult with a surgeon right now and it will most likely be a virtual consult to start to see what I need to do before we start talking about surgery.

Tags: ftm pain shoulder pain