Author Topic: Lost my job - Wonder if I could of done something different  (Read 337 times)

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
Lost my job - Wonder if I could of done something different
« on: August 05, 2020, 10:02:11 pm »
Hi all,

I find myself trying not to regret transition after losings my job yesterday.

I knew I was smart but I also need to transition and it took up so much energy after the failed first transition. I wonder if there could of been different if I did not have to use all that energy to transition, maybe I could of concentrate on my career. I kept hear how our manager was trying to stay up to date but for me keeping one foot in front of the next was important when changing everything else about my appearance / work life.

I knew how important transition was so I just had to keep going and get through. I wonder if it is cost me now.

Alice

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Lost my job - Wonder if I could of done something different
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:08:14 pm »
@Alice
Dear Alice:
I am so very sorry to read of your employment difficulties.
You can not change what has happened with your job, nor can you second guess how your transitioning was affecting the outcome.... what is done is done.

If you feel that you made a mistake then the best move is to learn from your mistake and go forward with a plan that makes sense to you.

When transitioning it is important that communication is up to date and frequent with your bosses at work.... you don't want them guessing about what your plans are.

I trust that you can find a new job or somehow get rehired.  If you had a decent relationship with your manager perhaps a meeting and discussion with them is a good plan for you.

You know your situation better than anyone else, do your best to produce a happy outcome.

Here on the forums, we are your biggest fans  and are always rooting for your success and happiness.
If you feel so inclined, please keep me and the rest of your followers updated.

HUGS and more HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 01:37:28 am »
Danielle,

Everyone saw I was happy and content, they gave myself a promotion in February this year as they saw I was so much better as Alice. It meant I need to focus on Alice rather than my career, which in a way de-skilled me.

Alice

Offline MistressStevie

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:23:42 am »
In the current economy, no job loss should be interpreted negatively.   We are experiencing socio-economic changes of a degree larger than I believe has ever happened before.   It took decades or centuries to build the old world.  In March we changed to a new one and are only barely catching the ramifications of those changes.   

There will be new opportunities as people rebuild into the new paradigm.  Take a leading position on the curve of that change and enjoy the ride.   

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 02:47:25 pm »
Danielle,

If they liked you enough to give you a promotion 5 months ago and now you were let go, I believe that there may be an opportunity to return to work with them again.  I mean that if your are now almost done with transition activities (maybe you are not), then as Danielle suggested, maybe a good serious meeting with your manager/boss is in order.  If you think you can come back now and resume your good work as before, I would tell them that and then you need to concentrate on that too.  Income and company insurance are really needed for the physical transition stuff like surgeries, facial/body hair removal, and therapy.

If you think that you can get all of that (physical and mental transitioning) fast tracked now that you are unemployed and you have the means to do that, and you do not think you could work as hard and well as before, maybe this lack of work can give you the time to get your mind back on track and complete all or most of your transition process.  Maybe you could find someplace that offers easier work, and income that may be less than before but can still work for you and some insurance to help with those transition costs, that may be a good option for now.  Transitioning can be very hard work for some and they need to concentrate on that above other priorities.

I wish you the best of luck,

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 04:53:27 pm »
Danielle,

If they liked you enough to give you a promotion 5 months ago and now you were let go, I believe that there may be an opportunity to return to work with them again.  I mean that if your are now almost done with transition activities (maybe you are not), then as Danielle suggested, maybe a good serious meeting with your manager/boss is in order.  If you think you can come back now and resume your good work as before, I would tell them that and then you need to concentrate on that too.  Income and company insurance are really needed for the physical transition stuff like surgeries, facial/body hair removal, and therapy.

If you think that you can get all of that (physical and mental transitioning) fast tracked now that you are unemployed and you have the means to do that, and you do not think you could work as hard and well as before, maybe this lack of work can give you the time to get your mind back on track and complete all or most of your transition process.  Maybe you could find someplace that offers easier work, and income that may be less than before but can still work for you and some insurance to help with those transition costs, that may be a good option for now.  Transitioning can be very hard work for some and they need to concentrate on that above other priorities.

I wish you the best of luck,

Allie

Allie,

I think that was directed at myself.  I am almost finished transition. I was looking at SRS earlier in the year but now that is on hold.

Thanks for your advice.

Alice

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 06:07:56 pm »
Yes, sorry. I saw Danielle's post and erroneously picked up her name.  Good luck.

Allie
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Online Maddie

• Family
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 06:26:41 pm »
Alice I am sorry to hear that you are going through this now.
In the end I hope you never regret any effort you have put towards transitions and being true.

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 11:16:57 pm »
Alice I am sorry to hear that you are going through this now.
In the end I hope you never regret any effort you have put towards transitions and being true.

Maybe regret is to strong word (that was the hurt speaking). Now that I am unemployed, I wish there was another path so I did not feel so unskilled. I knew I needed to transition and the outcome proved how important it was.

Alice

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 02:48:50 pm »
Sorry about your job loss, if it is any consolation every time I was forced to change jobs, it turned out for the best.

Hang in there and I’m certain you will land on your feet in a better spot !

Hugs,

Holly

Tags: