Author Topic: Working on Myself The Right Way Now  (Read 220 times)

Offline Steph1967

Working on Myself The Right Way Now
« on: August 12, 2020, 10:53:32 pm »
I just scheduled my first therapy session for September 1st and looking to start HRT shortly there after.  I am excited and scared at the same time.  I need to hide as long as I can from work and will need to figure out what to do once I am found out.  I am not sure how much this is going to cost except the sessions but I will figure it out.  I should of done this years ago and I am not sure how long it will take for the hormones to kick in but I think I might have a head start with the stuff I was taking before.  I will fill you in once the proper journey starts.
Steph

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Working on Myself The Right Way Now
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 11:21:18 pm »
@Steph1967
Dear Steph:
Thank you for sharing and posting.... and congratulations on getting your very first therapy session scheduled on September 1st... and getting going on your HRT soon after. 

Being excited and scared at the same time is very normal, I think that most members here on the Forums can identify with your feelings.   From my own personal experience, I know that there are many uncertainties going through your mind regarding relationships, financial costs of transitioning, employment considerations, etc.

The effects of HRT are quite different for everyone because we all have our own unique makeup of our bodies and of course our unique genes.   For some, the noticeable effects come more slowly and less dramatic ... and for others the noticeable effects can come more quickly and more evident.

Here on the Forums we have a saying.... YMMV  ... Your Mileage May Vary ....
Certainly patience is required, usually nothing happens very quickly with HRT.

Yes indeed, please keep me and the rest of your followers updated as you feel comfortable sharing.
When you report good news we will all rejoice with you, and when the news is not-so-good we will lend your our ears to listen and our shoulders for you to lean on.
We are your biggest fans and we are always rooting for your success and happiness.

Again, thank you for sharing, I will be eagerly looking for your future postings around the forums.

HUGS and best wishes,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 11:55:20 pm »
Danielle,
Thank you for the hugs and best wishes and I will keep everyone informed!! I am scared but so excited and since I have been taking Bovine Ovaries and herbs and a lot is starting to form I think the hormone treatment might kick in quick!! Work, family and friends that do not know is what I am afraid of because I know I am going to lose some if not all of them. 
Thank you again,
Steph

Offline CosmoIsWanda

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 06:16:02 am »
I remember when I was first handed the hormones I was absolutely terrified haha. I think you have a good support system with the therapist and this website! I wish you the best, looking forward to your updates as I am also at the beggining of my journey. We are all here for you friend!

Offline Steph1967

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 07:24:04 am »
Wanda,
I appreciate it and I believe the support here will be great!  I still have to get over the fear of my entire world as I know it come crashing down on me and then be forced to start over. I will keep you all posted of the good and the bad during this Journey.
Step

Tags: