Author Topic: One week Post Orchiectomy reflection  (Read 211 times)

Offline Carla68

• Friend
One week Post Orchiectomy reflection
« on: August 05, 2020, 07:42:08 am »
Hi All

Just a quick update

Pain is subsiding considerably now and movement is also a lot better (got lift into work yesterday)
No blood from cut for about 3 days and have stopped using pads

Still a little nervous to have a good look at the work done but colour has gone from black/blue to Purple and receded a bit
pain is more from above Penis, than scrotum, I guess where the testicles used to tuck up, or where the surgeon put all his weight during procedure

Generally happy with whole experience and would recommend Dr Kanhai at MKVelsen (I believe they will do private patients, not just Dutch Insurance. with correct referral and is near Schiphol Airport)

In case any wants to know Pre op instructions
No Alcohol, No food or Drink night before, Remove all piercings, Jewellery, shower and wash Genitals well, clean under finger nails, no covid 19 symptoms
Bring tight Underwear (I mistranslated this from dutch to comfortable and my friend had to shop for me on the way to pick me some up)

I would recommend you get plenty paracetamol 1000mg 4 times a day and some pads to go inside tight pants

Things I could of asked at consult

How swollen,black and blue will it all be after and for how long
If I decide I am never going to have full surgery do I need surgery to tidy up what is left over (asking this at my checkup)
Do you/this clinic do FFS as well (also asking this next)

Do I need more surgery to remove what's left if I don't want full transistion

Hope this helps and look forward to hearing updates to everyone else's journey to the no nutz club

Carla

Carla

Offline Carla68

• Friend
Re: One week Post Orchiectomy reflection
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 04:39:31 am »
2 week Update

Basically involved a 3 hr trip in high temperatures back to the clinic to see surgeon Dr Kanhai

a quick check of the scar tissue and a reminder no cycling for another 2 weeks and 4 or more for pole dancing

Small amount of itchiness from scar and occasional tug on stitches that will dissolve soon

Carla

Tags: