Author Topic: Have you found it to be increasingly hard to not complete your transition?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Have you found it to be increasingly hard to not complete your transition?
That does not necessarily mean surgeries; but does includes living as your true gender full time.

Some days being partially transitioned is really hard for me and other days I seem to be able to tolerate not taking more steps to realize that ideal ultimate result.  But, there does not need to be specific timetables... The time will come, or it will not, for whatever reasons, and every transition is unique and personal.

The only meaningful solution to avoiding the gender dysphoria is to complete transition.

Chrissy

@Jessica_Rose @CynthiaAnn
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 04:17:25 pm by ChrissyRyan »
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
    • Unordinary Style
In short, yes. 

A bit longer....... the more I have done down this road of transition, the better and better I have felt.  I was not one of those who knew she needed to transition.  I just thought I'd try switching my hormones and see if that helped.  Uh, yeah, it did, lots.  Thus I socially and legally transitioned.  I felt better.  A year later I had an orchi, and felt better.  Then I realized I need to have GCS.  That date is now set for 2024 due to a bunch of reasons, but I'm having SUCH the difficult time being okay with waiting until then.  Ugh!

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
I knew at the beginning of transition what steps of transition I wanted to complete when and that I wanted to get through transition as quickly as possible and put transition behind me.

I have a timeline, and, for the most part, I've stuck to it. Eight months to go before I can declare transition over...

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
Have you found it to be increasingly hard to not complete your transition?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 09:13:20 pm »
It is very hard to delay further transition when you are with accepting women who treat you as the woman you are and you feel so much in the right place just being yourself.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline KatieP

Re: Have you found it to be increasingly hard to not complete your transition?
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 10:25:28 pm »
It is very hard to delay further transition when you are with accepting women who treat you as the woman you are and you feel so much in the right place just being yourself.

Chrissy

^^^^^^
This!

To me, it felt like a very steep slide. Once i started, it was only possible to continue, and after each step, to continue faster.

Being accepted as who you have always thought of yourself as, and being called "She" as it always should have been, and being called by the name you call yourself, ALL of those things feel SOOOOOO good, that it is impossible to stop in the middle, I think...

Katie

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 06:49:38 am »
During the in between stages of transition were the most difficult for me. Even though I dressed androgynously, I got misgendered all the time. For a late transitioner like myself, it really took several years of HRT and electrolysis to fully pass.

Did my transition become increasingly hard?

Not really. I just dealt with my changes in appearance as they came. I am just thankful that my dysphoria stopped suddenly with GCS. In time, all the other issues seemed to resolve eventually.

Keep you eyes on the future and just deal with the present as best you can.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 07:05:06 am »
During the in between stages of transition were the most difficult for me. Even though I dressed androgynously, I got misgendered all the time. For a late transitioner like myself, it really took several years of HRT and electrolysis to fully pass.

Did my transition become increasingly hard?

Not really. I just dealt with my changes in appearance as they came. I am just thankful that my dysphoria stopped suddenly with GCS. In time, all the other issues seemed to resolve eventually.

Keep you eyes on the future and just deal with the present as best you can.  :-*

Agreed.  Take each day as it arrives.  Do the best you can with your current situation. 

Good advice.   :)

Chrissy

Tags: