Community Conversation > Orchiectomy and Penectomy

When is it safe to test for an erection after Orchiectomy?

(1/2) > >>

Carla68:
Hi All,

Sorry for the blunt question but if i'm not meant to ride a bike for 4 weeks after I was wondering when it would be safe to check if I can still get erections?

If it's gone so be it but would like to know either way

they were a little painful due to lack of use before so am expecting some discomfort

Thanks

Carla

Devlyn:
A quick Google search indicates that there shouldn't be sex until four weeks after the incision is fully healed, I'd say getting aroused enough for a full erection is essentially the same.

I doubt your ability to get erections will disappear, I'm still able to achieve them three years after my orchi. The only thing that absolutely WILL change with an orchiectomy is your ability to produce viable sperm.

Davita:
3 weeks for me but everyone is different. I started slow then got scared of popping a stitch. Remember that I also had a Scrotectomy as well so my stiches went up my penis about  2". PRACTICED EVERY DAY ;)

Carla68:
FYI

4 weeks and it was working ok

Carla

Tamara Tilly:

--- Quote from: Carla68 on August 24, 2020, 10:42:04 am ---Hi All,

Sorry for the blunt question but if i'm not meant to ride a bike for 4 weeks after I was wondering when it would be safe to check if I can still get erections?

If it's gone so be it but would like to know either way

they were a little painful due to lack of use before so am expecting some discomfort

Thanks

Carla

--- End quote ---

I had erections about two nights after my op and within a week my partner was jumping on top of me. I wasn't very pleased about the latter to be honest but it happened. I also had crazy hot flashes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version