Author Topic: Beginning of a Long road  (Read 228 times)

Offline LostGirl

• Visitor
Beginning of a Long road
« on: August 30, 2020, 06:34:15 pm »
Hey, I just want to post here to comment on how I plan to come out and get advice.  In the coming days I plan to completely come out to my internet friends mainly on discord.  I am both excited and nervous to begin this journey.  5 years ago when I was 13, I came out to my mum as trans but she told me it was just a phase and I went back into denial so this will be my 2nd attempt to do this after many long years of doubting myself and my idenitity and my dysphoira worsening due to my body growing in a masculine way.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Beginning of a Long road
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 08:08:48 pm »
Good evening LG,

I know how you feel. I was in denial for over 50 years. Yep, I am a late transitioner.

Now that I finally have completed most of my transition, I have never been happier. My advice to everyone considering transition is, if you know absolutely in your most inner self that you need to transition, the sooner the better and easier it will be for you.

A case in point, speaking for myself, as a late transitioner, I had a very heavy beard and was losing some hair on top of my head. Electrolysis for my beard took about 260 hours at $80 an hour. You do the math. Add to this transplanting over 2000 hair follicles at $5 a follicle. For just rearranging the hair on my face and head cost more than my genital surgery.

I have not even considered the cost of my FFS.

I will say it again, if you are going to transition, do it as soon as possible, but be absolutely sure of what you need to do.

Take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline FloralAlyssa

• No-op Trans woman / NB
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 09:09:56 pm »
Best of luck lostgirl!   I've been going through this myself (though I wish I did it at 18 instead of 43) --- hopefully, your friends are all supportive and help you through this.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 09:11:46 pm »
Hi LostGirl,

Good luck!

Marion

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:02:51 pm »
Lost girl,

All the best wishes.  The scary and nervous for all the unknowns are quite natural.  Your being young will be extremely beneficial.  Good luck.

Susannah

Tags: