Community Conversation > Non-Op

What are your reasons for being non op?

<< < (2/5) > >>

CosmicJoke:

--- Quote from: Lee H. on September 10, 2020, 11:01:50 pm ---I have had a bilateral orchiectomy.

How big a hassle was that, and could you say a little about effects, before and after?
I'm just on the threshold of HRT [assuming the VA endocrinologist cooperates], but I'm uncertain where this path will take me.

Thanks, ahd and a huge hug from,
~~Lee~~

--- End quote ---

It was an outpatient procedure, just a one night stay. I wouldn't say it was a huge hassle but there was definitely some prep work to be done and the stress that comes with it but the healing wasn't bad. There may be soreness for a couple days after and you are supposed to sit on ice, but my pain tolerance is pretty good.
As for effects, it's really good for removing the source of testosterone from your body. An anti androgen will only do so much. The hormone estrogen works best with less testosterone, so if you're considering one I would say go for it.

Kay Kozee:
I have just begun to stick my toes into the water of transitioning. I probably will not be able to go on HRT or have certain surgeries as I am a 2 time cancer survivor. My cancer was very aggressive and my markers went up a little so they are keeping a very close eye on me. So it is going to be non op for me. I have to play the cards that I was dealt.

Maid Marion:
Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear of the cancer.

I've not done HRT either.  I am short and already have an hourglass figure,
so I am OK with how my body looks in the mirror.

Marion

DawnOday:
I am a DES Son  AKA Transfemale.  Because of my mother being prescribed DES Diethylstilbestrol while I was in utero I was born with a micro penis and non descending testicles. Defective Aortic valve, Cardiomyopathy, Congestive heart failure. I've had a TIA, I am on blood thinners, I've had major depression forever until about five years ago. Cardiomyopathy and CHF had life expectancies of five years. Luckily I have been blessed with over 25 years of survival.

Pammie:

--- Quote from: Maid Marion on February 23, 2021, 05:04:58 pm ---Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear of the cancer.

I've not done HRT either.  I am short and already have an hourglass figure,
so I am OK with how my body looks in the mirror.

Marion

--- End quote ---
That’s interesting. Most of us go down the HRT route for the hormones themselves rather than the (very welcome) side effects. Do you not suffer from gender dysphoria or have you got other solutions to control it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version