Author Topic: What are your reasons for being non op?  (Read 500 times)

Offline CosmicJoke

• Friend
What are your reasons for being non op?
« on: September 08, 2020, 10:29:49 am »
Hi everyone. I don't necessarily identify as non op, but I was just wondering what some of your reasons are for deciding not to have the operation?
A little info on me is I am an MtF transgender person. I live fulltime and I have had a bilateral orchiectomy. I still would like to one day get the vaginoplasty, but I suppose I don't feel like it's paramount to living as a woman. There may be some who disagree but that's just how I feel on it. Anyone is welcome to add their thoughts.

Offline Lee H.

• Visitor
Re: What are your reasons for being non op?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 11:01:50 pm »
I have had a bilateral orchiectomy.

How big a hassle was that, and could you say a little about effects, before and after?
I'm just on the threshold of HRT [assuming the VA endocrinologist cooperates], but I'm uncertain where this path will take me.

Thanks, ahd and a huge hug from,
~~Lee~~

Offline Allie Jayne

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 12:14:50 am »
Cosmic, we are all different, and have different needs. I am 66 y.o. and asexual, so no plans to use anything down there, and up until a couple of years ago, I didn't plan to medically transition. People related to me as a woman, and I was happy! At 65, my dysphoria exploded and I had to start HRT to bring it under control. I have always hated my genitals, but they had atrophied and were mostly inside, so much so my foreskin shrank so much I haven't seen my glans for 15 years (I had Hypogonadism) and there was just loose skin. But my dysphoria has led me to having a labiaplasty to get rid of offending tissue moreso than having a vagina. I just hope that will be enough to reduce my dysphoria.

I also will never see myself as a 'complete' woman without the other reproductive organs, and so having vaginoplasty would not result in a feeling of 'completeness' as I have heard others desire.

hugs,

Allie

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 06:24:11 am »
I wasn't going to go for a vaginoplasty, however after my orchi last year and my resulting depression, I changed my mind.  Which was weird because once I decided to go for it, found a dr, had a consult, got on the calendar, about two months later I began to recall memories from early childhood.  Apparently I knew what I wanted when I was super young, however by the time I was twelve I had decided to hide it, even from myself. 

So..... at one point I thought I was going to be non-op, and now I realize I've always been destined to arrive at this spot.  Go figure, being human is weird. 

Nobody has to have any surgery, just be true to yourself. 

Online Pammie

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 07:30:06 am »
Hi everyone. I don't necessarily identify as non op, but I was just wondering what some of your reasons are for deciding not to have the operation?
A little info on me is I am an MtF transgender person. I live fulltime and I have had a bilateral orchiectomy. I still would like to one day get the vaginoplasty, but I suppose I don't feel like it's paramount to living as a woman. There may be some who disagree but that's just how I feel on it. Anyone is welcome to add their thoughts.
Hi and welcome!
I’m currently non-op but only because i’m not in a position to go private and the NHS waiting list means it will be at least a few years!
The only surgery I plan to I have is bottom surgery. I’m keen to be as much my natural self (HRT induced) as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CosmicJoke

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 10:21:34 am »
I have had a bilateral orchiectomy.

How big a hassle was that, and could you say a little about effects, before and after?
I'm just on the threshold of HRT [assuming the VA endocrinologist cooperates], but I'm uncertain where this path will take me.

Thanks, ahd and a huge hug from,
~~Lee~~

It was an outpatient procedure, just a one night stay. I wouldn't say it was a huge hassle but there was definitely some prep work to be done and the stress that comes with it but the healing wasn't bad. There may be soreness for a couple days after and you are supposed to sit on ice, but my pain tolerance is pretty good.
As for effects, it's really good for removing the source of testosterone from your body. An anti androgen will only do so much. The hormone estrogen works best with less testosterone, so if you're considering one I would say go for it.

Offline Kay Kozee

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 04:59:24 pm »
I have just begun to stick my toes into the water of transitioning. I probably will not be able to go on HRT or have certain surgeries as I am a 2 time cancer survivor. My cancer was very aggressive and my markers went up a little so they are keeping a very close eye on me. So it is going to be non op for me. I have to play the cards that I was dealt.

Online Maid Marion

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 05:04:58 pm »
Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear of the cancer.

I've not done HRT either.  I am short and already have an hourglass figure,
so I am OK with how my body looks in the mirror.

Marion

Tags: