Author Topic: The Chronicles of Caela  (Read 14902 times)

Offline TSL_NB

Re: The Chronicles of Caela
« Reply #280 on: October 20, 2021, 08:13:09 pm »
Hey Cae.....I've been pretty absent as well.  But, I'm so happy that so many things turned out so well for you, sis! :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #281 on: November 21, 2021, 07:56:58 pm »
CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:
I am missing your updates and cheery posts.....   :o
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2021, 02:55:14 am »
YES ^^^^^ how you doing.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #283 on: December 07, 2021, 01:28:46 pm »
@Northern Star Girl
@davina61
@TSL_NB
(and everyone else too!!)

A quick update but maybe not a cheery one.  You all have read my earlier posts, and know that I'm a single parent with two kids who are dealing with their own responses to grief (for their mother yes, but also for their covid-shattered world).... and shortly after my last post, right around my wife's birthday, was a major crash for them both.  For the past month and a half keeping them safe has been my only focus...  I've flown across the country and turned into Mom's Taxi Service so that they can get the help they need.... and I'd do it all over again.  If only hospitals had frequent patient points (haha).....  Thanksgiving was stressful, but I'm thankful that I had the whole family together, and I'm working to hold things together so that we can be whole at Christmas too.

I used to wonder how single parents did it all.   I've gotten my answer and then some!!

Personally I'm holding my own.  I've been doing a lot of shopping therapy- and visiting another part of the country was very therapeutic for me (it's great being Ma'am'd at the airport in a predominately red state)  It was the first time that I had really traveled as me, so it was surprising that I could pack everything I needed in such a small checked bag (clothes, toiletries.... but also wig stands, boots and other accoutrements).   

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2021, 02:07:20 pm »
We keep soldiering on, but we never give up.. especially when it is our kids..

Big hugs Cae, I know it has been tough for you,

Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #285 on: December 08, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »
@CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:
Thank you for coming back to the Forums to share and post your update.

I am so saddened to read of your difficulties that have been drawing you
away from spending time on Susan's Place.

Be brave, be strong, never surrender, never give up.
Keep on keeping on.... 

I will be eagerly looking for your updates as you feel comfortable sharing and posting.

HUGS and best wishes to you... stay safe and stay healthy.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2021, 09:02:32 pm »
Hey everyone!

As 2021 comes to an end, I have hope for 2022.  Over the past month I've been working to get my kids to a safe place, and they are both on the road to recovery.   It has taken a lot out of me, but has really highlighted my own resilience.... you can only say to yourself so many times that "I don't know how much more I can take" before realizing you do keep dealing with every curveball!.

After my bout with Shopping Therapy, I think everyone realized that my closet is full- so no one gave me clothes for Christmas.  My mom gave me a nice new purse, and my GF gave me a lovely bath set.   Both were very affirming gifts for me!

I hope everyone survives New Year's Eve (celebrate safely!), and I wish each of you a very Happy New Year!

Hugs!

Caela

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #287 on: December 31, 2021, 10:54:38 am »
Happy new year Caela!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #288 on: January 18, 2022, 08:47:22 am »
Hello Sisters!

My transgender family has grown by one.  My oldest has started a relationship, which has for me highlighted the split world I live in.... On one hand I want to be happy for my kiddo, and supportive for a fellow trans girl (when I know their family hasn't been supportive at all)- there's still this person who's been "Dad" for so many years who finds it hard not to be overprotective.   I guess that means more soothing baths and Vitamin E for me.

And perhaps I've being more perceptive about it, but it does seem like more folks are "out" since the new year started.  Yes, I live in a very liberal place where it's generally safe to be out- but it's still very affirming to not be alone.  Being in a store and hearing another voice that doesn't quite match up gives me more space to be comfortable about mine.  Going thrifting and seeing another person taking their first furtive steps towards self realization.... perhaps more people have opened their minds.

Yes, I still have high hopes for this year- and I hope you are all doing well too!

Hugs,
Caela.

Tags: