Author Topic: The Chronicles of Caela  (Read 7567 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: The Chronicles of Caela
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2020, 02:54:51 pm »
@CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:
I don't have words that will make everything OK for you considering your loss....
... but I do want to give you lots of heartfelt and tight HUGS....
Thank you for sharing from your heart.

Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2020, 03:24:39 pm »
@CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:
I don't have words that will make everything OK for you considering your loss....
... but I do want to give you lots of heartfelt and tight HUGS....
Thank you for sharing from your heart.

Danielle

Thanks for the hugs Danielle.  Nothing can make it OK- but Life is beautiful, and my wife wouldn't want me to forget that.

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2020, 03:30:40 pm »
Hey Caela, as usual, I'm behind in responding....but, know my thoughts and prayers are your way, too!
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2020, 05:58:15 pm »
Hi Caela,

Hugs and more hugs.
I know that this is a tough time for you.

We are here to support you.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2020, 06:01:43 pm »
@TSL_NB @ChrissyRyan

Thanks girls!  I can't tell you how much it means to feel everyone's caring thoughts and hugs right now!  Hugs back to everyone!

Hugs!

Caela

Offline EllenW

• Friend
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2020, 08:22:05 pm »
Caela,

I just hope I will be as strong as you are when my wife passes. She also has late stage cancer and we just returned from seeing her oncologist. Her prognosis is not good.

Thank you for your great example of how to handle the loss of your love one

Ellen
Known all my life I was different
Started to live part time as my true self in 2010
HRT January 2018
Full time at work February 2018
Legal name and gender change January 2019
GCS - January 2021

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2020, 12:13:36 am »
Caela,

I just hope I will be as strong as you are when my wife passes. She also has late stage cancer and we just returned from seeing her oncologist. Her prognosis is not good.

Thank you for your great example of how to handle the loss of your love one

Ellen

@EllenW

Ellen-

Oh no!  I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, and really wish that you both weren't having to deal with this challenge. Everyone's cancer fight is different, but feel free to message me if you want to chat with someone who has been through the battle.  You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

and I have to say this....CANCER SUCKS!!

Hugs!

Caela

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2020, 03:05:15 am »
Carla:

Hugs !

Holly

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2020, 02:35:52 am »
@SoCal_Holly @EllenW @Northern Star Girl @SarahEL @ChrissyRyan @TSL_NB @Pammie

Hey everyone!-

I wanted to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and words of support-  I can't find the words to describe how much of a challenge this has been for me over the past couple of weeks as I've navigated empty birthdays and dark anniversaries... But I want everyone to know that that is not my whole story....  C.S. Lewis once wrote of "Deep Magic from the Dawn of Time"- dark words of treachery and death- only to write shortly thereafter of "Deeper Magic from Before The Dawn of Time" with the power to restore life.

Are you stuck in a deep dark place?  Look for your own Deeper Magic.  It is out there for us all, and light can shine from the most surprising places.  I find myself caught in the web of Deeper Magic, and no matter what may come of it in the future- today I have hope for the future and strength to stand in the face of my challenges.

Be strong girls!!  You've got this!!

Hugs!!!

Caela

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2020, 06:34:08 am »
Cae, sis, I am sure you future story will be filled with just as much love and light as your past... In fact I am certain of it..
You are an amazing and inspiring soul and give so much of yourself to others.. I for one, am honoured to call you my friend..

C.S. Lewis also wrote 'Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.'...

Some day soon, I hope for you...
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2020, 07:44:48 pm »
So the company sent out a diversity and workplace happiness survey today- and at the end where they gather demographic data I stared at the "Gender" section for quite a while....  I agonized over it, and finally decided that it didn't really matter.

I put "bigender" in the field and hit submit!  And I have a smile on my face after submitting one of these stupid things with how I've been identifying to myself for months!

We go back into lockdown at midnight tonight, but for today we've got a reservation at our Italian restaurant- and I'm going to enjoy it!

Hugs!

Caela

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2020, 07:51:55 pm »
So the company sent out a diversity and workplace happiness survey today- and at the end where they gather demographic data I stared at the "Gender" section for quite a while....  I agonized over it, and finally decided that it didn't really matter.

I put "bigender" in the field and hit submit!  And I have a smile on my face after submitting one of these stupid things with how I've been identifying to myself for months!

We go back into lockdown at midnight tonight, but for today we've got a reservation at our Italian restaurant- and I'm going to enjoy it!

Hugs!

Caela

Enjoy your meal and fellow diners!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2020, 11:26:33 pm »
@ChrissyRyan

We had a wonderful evening!   Wine, companionship, and Gorgonzola Cream Filet Mignon with Portobellas!  Complete win for everything but my waistline!

Hugs!

Caela.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2020, 04:19:24 am »
@ChrissyRyan

We had a wonderful evening!   Wine, companionship, and Gorgonzola Cream Filet Mignon with Portobellas!  Complete win for everything but my waistline!

Hugs!

Caela.

That sounds wonderful.

Chrissy

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2020, 05:04:17 am »
Wow... Looks wonderful sis.. So glad you enjoyed this before being locked down..

Sent from my Intellec8

Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2020, 08:23:12 pm »
I haven't eaten Portobello mushrooms in a long time....I know what I'm looking for on my next grocery trip to toss on the grill (after I soak them in balsamic vinegar). :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2020, 02:15:42 am »
I haven't eaten Portobello mushrooms in a long time....I know what I'm looking for on my next grocery trip to toss on the grill (after I soak them in balsamic vinegar). :)

@TSL_NB

That sounds yummy-  I think I'll have to steal that idea!

Hugs!

Caela

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2020, 12:44:56 pm »
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

As someone who has been "follically challenged" since I was a teen- I haven't really been really happy with my hair in decades.  That unhappiness accelerated as it went prematurely gray- and didn't really get reduced until after my discovery- and it made it very convenient to put on a wig!

But I've been letting it grow out a bit- I was looking in the mirror the other day after I had put on one of my really short haired wigs- and noticed my natural hair sticking out the back all gray and curly and ughh!  Going into the holiday something had to be done- I wanted to look good for all of my relatives and guests- and since some of them are not in confidence of my discovery I had to make both modes work...   I had used "Just For Men" comb in color before, but I wanted a color closer to my favorite wigs.... so I picked up a box of Garnier Nutrisse in "Chocolate Caramel".  I opened the box a few days ago a little apprehensive...  I remember my wife taking all morning doing her hair color (with another product)- and that messing it up would probably result in male-mode going full Patrick Stewart....  But I dutifully did my allergy test and patiently waited to see what would happen.

Woke up yesterday morning, saw no reaction and figured it was time.  And it was actually pretty easy.  It was maybe three times as long to do as the Just For Men was, but not nearly as long as I thought it would take- and it was just as simple.  The color looks good, maybe a little lighter than I was hoping for but with just the tinge of auburn that I was looking for- I may not be able to cover the hair in the back up with a short wig, but at least it will match better!

So another new experience for this girl- and another where the buildup was worse than the actual.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, even if you are not in the US where we have our Thanksgiving- and that in and amongst the challenges of this year you can see that there is always something to be thankful for!

Hugs!

Caela

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2020, 02:36:28 pm »
Something I have been thinking of for the same reason, I had been cutting it short with a beard trimmer but have not done it since March . Trouble is I now look like Coco the clown , might eventually get a topper if they do one large enough.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2020, 02:44:59 pm »
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

As someone who has been "follically challenged" since I was a teen- I haven't really been really happy with my hair in decades.  That unhappiness accelerated as it went prematurely gray- and didn't really get reduced until after my discovery- and it made it very convenient to put on a wig!

But I've been letting it grow out a bit- I was looking in the mirror the other day after I had put on one of my really short haired wigs- and noticed my natural hair sticking out the back all gray and curly and ughh!  Going into the holiday something had to be done- I wanted to look good for all of my relatives and guests- and since some of them are not in confidence of my discovery I had to make both modes work...   I had used "Just For Men" comb in color before, but I wanted a color closer to my favorite wigs.... so I picked up a box of Garnier Nutrisse in "Chocolate Caramel".  I opened the box a few days ago a little apprehensive...  I remember my wife taking all morning doing her hair color (with another product)- and that messing it up would probably result in male-mode going full Patrick Stewart....  But I dutifully did my allergy test and patiently waited to see what would happen.

Woke up yesterday morning, saw no reaction and figured it was time.  And it was actually pretty easy.  It was maybe three times as long to do as the Just For Men was, but not nearly as long as I thought it would take- and it was just as simple.  The color looks good, maybe a little lighter than I was hoping for but with just the tinge of auburn that I was looking for- I may not be able to cover the hair in the back up with a short wig, but at least it will match better!

So another new experience for this girl- and another where the buildup was worse than the actual.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week, even if you are not in the US where we have our Thanksgiving- and that in and amongst the challenges of this year you can see that there is always something to be thankful for!

Hugs!

Caela

Hey Caela, that I understand very well.....I've let what hair I do have grow out (I can wear winter caps pretty nicely), but since a lot of my bio hair fell out over the years, I have a topper that I use on a pretty regular basis.

But (hey Davina, you may find this to be helpful), the one I do use is by Jon Renau, called 'Top Full.'  It's a synthetic one, and pretty pricey (around $300-400 US, which is inexcusably expensive here in Canada, but I did it), but the base is actually  11x11.5. 

It's huge, covers a lot, and the colours are pretty spot on. :)

Tags: