Author Topic: The Chronicles of Caela  (Read 10925 times)

Offline TSL_NB

Re: The Chronicles of Caela
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2021, 04:21:00 am »
Hey Cae, that's really, really wonderful.  I'm glad it's coming along. :)

And, you look superb! :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2021, 03:51:09 pm »
Hey Cae, that's really, really wonderful.  I'm glad it's coming along. :)

And, you look superb! :)
-Vivian

Awww... thanks sis!!!

Hugs!!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2021, 03:57:39 pm »
Caela,

I hope that all is going well for you.

We miss you posting here on your blog.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2021, 06:25:48 pm »
Caela,

I hope that all is going well for you.

We miss you posting here on your blog.

Chrissy

Sorry Chrissy (and my other readers here)- being back in a relationship has taken a lot of my spare time!   When I'm not working or taking care of the family or sleeping I'm on the phone a couple of times a day, texting, or otherwise thinking of silly reasons to meet up!  It's really good, and it's moving a lot faster that I would have even imagined.  We're confident enough in how things are going to have had our first double date over this past weekend- and we're both counting down the days to our staycation together in a couple of weeks.

So yes I haven't been online as much.... something had to give somewhere!  But I am doing ok...  I'm looking in my closet and realizing that I need to sort through and get rid of some stuff that I'll likely never wear again.   Spring has arrived, and with that a sense of the future that has renewed me.

I hope things are going well for all of you!

Hugs!!

Cae.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2021, 11:22:22 pm »
Sorry Chrissy (and my other readers here)- being back in a relationship has taken a lot of my spare time!   When I'm not working or taking care of the family or sleeping I'm on the phone a couple of times a day, texting, or otherwise thinking of silly reasons to meet up!  It's really good, and it's moving a lot faster that I would have even imagined.  We're confident enough in how things are going to have had our first double date over this past weekend- and we're both counting down the days to our staycation together in a couple of weeks.

So yes I haven't been online as much.... something had to give somewhere!  But I am doing ok...  I'm looking in my closet and realizing that I need to sort through and get rid of some stuff that I'll likely never wear again.   Spring has arrived, and with that a sense of the future that has renewed me.

I hope things are going well for all of you!

Hugs!!

Cae.

Hey Cae....that's a good reason to not be around.  I'm really happy for you, sis! :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2021, 05:15:18 pm »
Hey everyone!

Thought I'd drop in and share an update.  My weekend staycation went swimmingly well... good weather, good companionship.  We went out for a fancy dinner and she had a lovely dress that I want to borrow!  We actually had so much fun that I put on seven pounds!?!?!?   So it's back on the diet as much as I can and get that needle on the scale moving back in the right direction!  Our goal is to have less of us to love!

I also got my first Covid vaccine shot this week, and it did knock me for a loop for about 48 hours.   A small price to pay to get back to normal.  As more and more of the world opens up availability I hope you all can get your shots soon!  I'm looking forward to the family being fully vaccinated, and getting back to traveling again.

Hugs dear sisters!!!

Cae

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2021, 06:58:18 pm »
Hey everyone!

Thought I'd drop in and share an update.  My weekend staycation went swimmingly well... good weather, good companionship.  We went out for a fancy dinner and she had a lovely dress that I want to borrow!  We actually had so much fun that I put on seven pounds!?!?!?   So it's back on the diet as much as I can and get that needle on the scale moving back in the right direction!  Our goal is to have less of us to love!

I also got my first Covid vaccine shot this week, and it did knock me for a loop for about 48 hours.   A small price to pay to get back to normal.  As more and more of the world opens up availability I hope you all can get your shots soon!  I'm looking forward to the family being fully vaccinated, and getting back to traveling again.

Hugs dear sisters!!!

Cae

Hey sis.  I'm glad you were able to have such a lovely time with good company. :)

I'm hoping the vaccines get lined up here.  They're still talking around June, for everyone here.   I'm just hoping the travel restrictions between Canada and the US are raised.  I now actually have to be in CONUS to have a proper appointment with my endocrinologist at VA.   
-Vivian

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2021, 06:45:46 pm »
Dear Caela,
Where have you been? ???
Please know that I really miss seeing and reading your postings...
...you have not logged in and been active for well over ONE MONTH now.   
I trust and hope that your are OK, and healthy.
Please come back and continue to share your thoughts and comments around the forums.
====================

All of us here on the Forums are wishing YOU
....a very :icon_flower: :icon_flower: Happy Birthday :icon_flower: :icon_flower:
I hope that your special day includes time with family and friends...
... with  Candles and CAKE.

***NOTE: On your June 18th birthday be certain to check your profile for a special birthday surprise! :)

HUGS and Warm regards and best wishes on your special day and birthday.
Danielle

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2021, 03:23:19 am »
Happy birthday dear , same as my eldest ! May you have a good time XXX
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2021, 07:41:32 am »
Non-Prom Night

The past year has been full of firsts.  The first time that I recognized myself, all the way through to today- my first birthday as me hand in hand with another biological one that is a tad larger number.  This has also been my first year as a single mom.

Single mom has recently been put through the ringer.  Stress from work, stress from kids going back to school, stress from vaccine side-effects, stress from just about any angle you can think of….. and then my oldest kid’s Senior Prom plans fall through.   Non-Binary kids can’t usually find the trust to reset quickly on something like that, particularly when the school has placed limits on who can go to Prom due to COVID.   

We had already purchased a lovely dress for them.  Sea-foam green, with iridescent sequins- and they were quite sad that it would probably just sit in the closet.  So we hatched a plan-  We’d go do our own thing…. I’d take them out for a nice evening, and they could wear the dress….  They loved the idea, and said “You should wear one of your nice ones too!”

I hadn’t actually thought of that….. Over the past year I had purchased several dresses- and a few of them were rather formal, actual prom dresses on clearance…. I didn’t figure I’d get an event to wear them to (even as I lamented that fact on this very blog!!).   Was this my chance? 

If so I wasn’t going to let it go to waste.  I picked out a nice dress- which was a little racy for me as it had open shoulders!   Garter, stockings- check!   Wig refreshed and styled- check!   Makeup-check!  I dug through the closet and found a purse that worked perfect with it, and I picked up a new pair of flats to match!

Our evening was incredible.  The waitress even remembered us from a previous time that we had been there, and commented that it must be a special night for us.  We talked, we laughed…  Good food, great conversation- and a welcome respite from the trials and tribulations of everyday life.

I hope that you each can find those simple moments to enjoy in the midst of the chaos that surrounds us!

And as for this single mom.... back into the chaos, getting this one graduated and on to their next adventure.... and reset and do it all again next year!

Hugs!

Caela

PS- I wanted to thank all of you who have been worried about me over the past few weeks.  I’m OK- but under a lot of stress and things that have been keeping me away.  Know that you all are in my heart and I wish you all a wonderful Pride Month!

« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2021, 09:30:32 am »
CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:

I loved viewing your Non-Prom Night photo, and your recap of what has been going on in your life lately.
Thank you for sharing and posting....  it made me quite happy to read your update.

HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2021, 10:42:59 am »
Happy birthday dear , same as my eldest ! May you have a good time XXX

Thanks Davina- send my best wishes to your eldest!

Hugs!!

Cae

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:46 am »
CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:

I loved viewing your Non-Prom Night photo, and your recap of what has been going on in your life lately.
Thank you for sharing and posting....  it made me quite happy to read your update.

HUGS and more HUGS, 
Danielle

Thanks Danielle for your kind thoughts and birthday wishes!  Praying that things get calm soon!

Hugs!!

Cae

Offline CaelaNotKayla

« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2021, 04:00:46 pm »
A Crowded Closet

Early in my discovery, I often shopped opportunistically…. COVID-19 clearance sales were the norm everywhere, and my closet filled up with things that I thought would fit my style.  But a year later I can honestly say that there are a lot of things that just won’t ever work for me- things a person with a budding fashion sense might think would work, but now that I am more comfortable in my own shoes I know they just aren’t my style.

So as Winter haltingly gave way to Spring I began contemplating Spring Cleaning my closet, and asking myself the hard questions of what is really my style.  And I had a few thoughts already- Goodbye to the green dress.  Goodbye to the blouse that plunges dangerously.  Goodbye to most of the darker items.  Goodbye to the pink Daisy Dukes

Life kept me running, and I kept putting it off…. “Oh, I know just where I’d wear that” or something else would keep me from doing it.... and eventually I ran out of closet space.  So out came every piece of clothing, to be tried on again, critically looked at in the mirror, and assigned to either keep, give to specific people, or donate. I kept some things around that I was sure would have to go (keeping the pink Daisy Dukes!), and other things that I would have absolutely kept are going (“love it on the hanger, but this skirt makes my butt look big”).  When I was done, my wardrobe was lightened by about a third.

Believe me, I know it’s hard to let go.  I’ve let go of so much over the past year.  But life does go on.  I need to embrace and make room for the things that matter to me and send the other things along for someone who will use them.

And the clock is ticking… there are summer sales coming up!

Hugs!!

Caela.

« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2021, 10:39:35 am »
@CaelaNotKayla
Dear Caela:
Yes indeed, I fully understand the issue of A Crowded Closet !!!!!!

Out with the old, in with the new.... and as the weather and our personal tastes change
and our bodies change.....
... some or much of the clothing that is in our closets is no longer appropriate, may not fit
properly, and we may not like how it looks on us....   so it should go to make room for
our new choices.

Some of the stuff that I give away or donate has only been worn once or not at all, some still
have tags on them.  :( :o 

Now.... I need to go shopping again!!!!   A fun activity for sure.

Thank you for sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Tags: