Author Topic: Orchiectomy  (Read 378 times)

Offline SailorMooo

Orchiectomy
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:11:55 pm »
So i plan to undergo an orchiectomy but have began the process, my name is all in numerous databases, ya know, they know i want this! My question is if anyone of you individuals underwent or plan to undergo this surgical/medical procedure and if you have underwent what were the qualities to your transition physically.

It is just simply exciting to have the opportunity but being in the midst of this seesaw pandemic I have been stalled so much, but it is all just right there, I have a letter to be renewed because of the mass quarantine of the city so that is in the bag, i had blood work done and spoke in question of my primary care who i also need a letter of recommendation and this person will be returning soon (covid quarantine/this physician has children ^-^). The other is just a simple interview via phone but i have been loyal to this specific location for years so the leniency is sorta granted.

Totally happy and i this is one procedure before vaginoplasty, also which i am excited for. Clothing especially.

One Love,

SailorMooo

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Orchiectomy
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 08:25:06 pm »

My question is if anyone of you individuals underwent or plan to undergo this surgical/medical procedure and if you have underwent what were the qualities to your transition physically.

Dear Ms Mooo,

The main advantage of have an orchiectomey is not having to take a Testosterone blocker when you are on HRT and still pre GCS. Spironolactone is the primary T blocker in use in the  US and it has many side effects. Some of us simply cannot tolerate Spironolactone.

Make sure your surgeon does not remove the scrotum because you will need that for the labia major when you finally have GCS.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline SailorMooo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 04:00:46 pm »
Dear Ms Mooo,

The main advantage of have an orchiectomey is not having to take a Testosterone blocker when you are on HRT and still pre GCS. Spironolactone is the primary T blocker in use in the  US and it has many side effects. Some of us simply cannot tolerate Spironolactone.

Make sure your surgeon does not remove the scrotum because you will need that for the labia major when you finally have GCS.

i am honestly okay in that area for the labia majora because i have plenty of foreskin !

thanks Rakel  :D

- SailorMooo

Offline Jane.Shannon

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 01:05:06 am »
I have to respectfully disagree about the advantage.  It is the estrogen that is the dangerous medication.  Estrogen is known to cause Deep Vein Thrombosis in XY people.  Lowing doses of estrogen reduce the risk.
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline Julie H

• Family
  • Formerly known as White Rabbit
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 08:12:58 am »
For me one of the main reasons I want to get an orchiectomy is I am afraid that in today's environment that hrt cold be taken away from me and I had a rough time when I went from diy to supervised hrt . The other reason is I am tired of squishing my testicles.
The drawbacks are 1) I like my blood presure numbers on spiro and that will go up. 2) no one knows I am on hrt (not many changes just not as suicidal) so I have no one to walk me the 50 meters from the hospital lobby to the cab, also a bumpy flight home the same day doesn't appeal to me.
Julie

Offline SailorMooo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 11:05:15 am »
I have to respectfully disagree about the advantage.  It is the estrogen that is the dangerous medication.  Estrogen is known to cause Deep Vein Thrombosis in XY people.  Lowing doses of estrogen reduce the risk.

that's why i believe it is great to get a healthcare checkup in the appropriate timeframe.. anyone can suffer any ailment due to a consistency of anything.. and personally i will never cease my transition for no medical diagnosis or person/individual lols simply my hardwiring.. but yeah i like estrogen but spironolactone can go away lols.. thanks Shannon.

- SailorMooo

Offline SailorMooo

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 11:08:50 am »
For me one of the main reasons I want to get an orchiectomy is I am afraid that in today's environment that hrt cold be taken away from me and I had a rough time when I went from diy to supervised hrt . The other reason is I am tired of squishing my testicles.
The drawbacks are 1) I like my blood presure numbers on spiro and that will go up. 2) no one knows I am on hrt (not many changes just not as suicidal) so I have no one to walk me the 50 meters from the hospital lobby to the cab, also a bumpy flight home the same day doesn't appeal to me.

True i am a cliché when it comes to an orchiectomy, i wanted to fake an accident since i was 17, and so i would be without my testicles, but THEN i wasn't down with the get down... lols lols

- SailorMooo

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Neighbor
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 06:11:56 am »
...... what were the qualities to your transition physically.

I had an orchi done last June.  It is hard to say exactly what the orchi did for me physically.  I had many changes right around the same time..... I stopped spiro, obviously didn't need that anymore after the orchi, but I also added progesterone, and after using E patches for 2 years I switched to implanted estrogen pellets.  It's been a few month more than a year since all of those changes and yes my body physically looks different now.  Nothing super dramatic like going from an A cup to D cup, lol, but I am more feminine appaering physically now than I have ever been.  But again, too many changes at the same time prevent anyone from saying it was just the orchi that did it for me. 

I will say this for sure about the advantages of an orchi, at least for me..... it has opened up so many more clothing choices for me.  I was never able to tuck the way so many other have.  Yes, trust me I tried every single method described anywhwere..... I mean I did consider myself as a CD for about fifteen years, so yeah I tired.  It never worked for me.  But after the orchi?  Oh the clothing choices now!  So lovely! 

If you know for sure you don't ever want to operate on T again, I highly recommend an orchi.  Good luck!

(Oh and yeah my doctor, who is very familiar with HRT, does not agree that simply having high levels of E causes DVT in xy humans.  Otherwise my levels would not be where they are currently, which is vastly higher than just about anyone I know.  From what I understand DVT is an increased risk with the use of oral E, but that is also disputed and many think that DVT connected with E use is caused instead by synthetic E, not the stuff that most of us use nowadays.)

Offline SailorMooo

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 06:04:16 pm »
I had an orchi done last June.  It is hard to say exactly what the orchi did for me physically.  I had many changes right around the same time..... I stopped spiro, obviously didn't need that anymore after the orchi, but I also added progesterone, and after using E patches for 2 years I switched to implanted estrogen pellets.  It's been a few month more than a year since all of those changes and yes my body physically looks different now.  Nothing super dramatic like going from an A cup to D cup, lol, but I am more feminine appaering physically now than I have ever been.  But again, too many changes at the same time prevent anyone from saying it was just the orchi that did it for me. 

I will say this for sure about the advantages of an orchi, at least for me..... it has opened up so many more clothing choices for me.  I was never able to tuck the way so many other have.  Yes, trust me I tried every single method described anywhwere..... I mean I did consider myself as a CD for about fifteen years, so yeah I tired.  It never worked for me.  But after the orchi?  Oh the clothing choices now!  So lovely! 

If you know for sure you don't ever want to operate on T again, I highly recommend an orchi.  Good luck!

(Oh and yeah my doctor, who is very familiar with HRT, does not agree that simply having high levels of E causes DVT in xy humans.  Otherwise my levels would not be where they are currently, which is vastly higher than just about anyone I know.  From what I understand DVT is an increased risk with the use of oral E, but that is also disputed and many think that DVT connected with E use is caused instead by synthetic E, not the stuff that most of us use nowadays.)

i like your response, and it gives me a perspective of what to expect undergoing an orchiectomy. i am sensitive to changes and aware of slights, so maybe i can go from a trans-hormonal B cup to a adult female C  :angel: .

i cannot tuck anymore either, i am smaller and my other 'stuff' matches the size, so it is a complete mess and a jumble.. not like a huge one, but anything on a slim person in anything fitted or tight will be obvious.. lols.. i am so excited, i am looking forward to a hot girl summer 2021..

and i am going to enter computer science in 2021 so to arrive to college a better me, is a better experience..

but also the fact you CD for 15yrs prior to transitioning is rad, and that goes to show that ppl are not the same, and have our own unique experience, especially since everyone thinks they can tuck or come out so easily.. coming out, not at issue but tucking, yikes ! (self-centred response)

thanks Nadine,

SailorMooo  ::)