Author Topic: Sarah's soliloquy  (Read 6473 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Sarah's soliloquy
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2021, 09:58:48 am »
 No problem for me as never had an old one, started in my name .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2021, 02:12:39 pm »
I guess I'm kinda lucky. The only negativity I see regularly is the occasional comment on a cousin's Facebook page from an in-law relative of hers. She deals with him kindly but firmly.

I like the humorous posts and support groups I find on there so it's useful to me.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline JanePlain

• This road has a few bumps I wasn't expecting.
  • Janes not here!
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2021, 02:50:12 pm »
The is good news regarding your doctor.

I like the new Avatar.  You look to be getting prepared for Minnesota.  It is in the low 60's F here, so I don't even need a jacket.  Just a long sleeve shirt.  Winter here is mild. 

Summer can be brutal to Quote Joel from " Biloxi Blues" (regarding the jungle like heat and humidity):  "It's like 'Africa hot'.  Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot."   Oh well, pick your poison.  Alabama heat stroke or Alaska hypothermia.  At least they can wear layers.  There is only so much we can take off.  :)

I'm  little nervious saying this (I don't want to drive SarahEL away) but the weather in Minnesota can be quite horrible. I have a friend who moved from Thiland and said that, "Minnesota is the first country I have lived in that is both Tropical and Arctic. She went on to say the heat was worse then home!" I didn't believe that it was worse or rather "how" could it be worse and she said the Monsoon rains and summer combine to make it bearable. If you live out in the boondocks its pretty serious if your car gets stuck and your forced to walk. I did that when stupidly all I had was a windbreaker and baseball cap. I nearly froze both hands and was so hypothermic I threw up when I got to my house. I curled up with my Samoyed (Sled Dog) to get warm (They are btw impervious to cold)
"This world is but canvas to our imaginations.
Henry David Thoreau - (1817-1862)

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2021, 04:04:19 pm »
I'm  little nervious saying this (I don't want to drive SarahEL away) but the weather in Minnesota can be quite horrible. I have a friend who moved from Thiland and said that, "Minnesota is the first country I have lived in that is both Tropical and Arctic. She went on to say the heat was worse then home!" I didn't believe that it was worse or rather "how" could it be worse and she said the Monsoon rains and summer combine to make it bearable. If you live out in the boondocks its pretty serious if your car gets stuck and your forced to walk. I did that when stupidly all I had was a windbreaker and baseball cap. I nearly froze both hands and was so hypothermic I threw up when I got to my house. I curled up with my Samoyed (Sled Dog) to get warm (They are btw impervious to cold)

I am confused.. you said every night in Minnesota would be hot and steamy??  ???
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Friend
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2021, 04:16:59 pm »
Minnesota can’t be more warm and humid that Houston or Née Orleans.  But, it does get quite a bit colder than either.

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2021, 06:17:00 pm »
I am confused.. you said every night in Minnesota would be hot and steamy??  ???
Well done Sarah

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline davina61

« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2021, 03:10:08 am »
That brightened my morning up :D

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline JanePlain

• Janes not here!
« Reply #167 on: January 27, 2021, 01:49:10 pm »

Very... HOT & steamy... Unless I have a heart attack? humm... Oh hell... Heart Schmart count on the hot and steamy.

• Friend
« Reply #168 on: January 27, 2021, 02:14:19 pm »
Minnesota will hopefully prove to be hot and steamy in your bed, but I was talking about Alabama being hot and steamy.  Minnesota is probably more like Alaska, but somewhere in-between. It can get quite cold in Minnesota, but it can also get hot.  I just wouldn't expect it to ever be as hot and humid as the Southeastern U.S..  Maybe for a day or two in August, verses Mid July straight through Mid September in Alabama. 

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #169 on: January 27, 2021, 02:36:59 pm »
Very... HOT & steamy... Unless I have a heart attack? humm... Oh hell... Heart Schmart count on the hot and steamy.

Remind me to pack my shirtkini... BUT  - Oh, yeah.. your heart... best leave it here eh?  AND, lot's of ice baths for Jay... hahahaha

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #170 on: January 27, 2021, 02:38:40 pm »
Minnesota will hopefully prove to be hot and steamy in your bed, but I was talking about Alabama being hot and steamy.  Minnesota is probably more like Alaska, but somewhere in-between. It can get quite cold in Minnesota, but it can also get hot.  I just wouldn't expect it to ever be as hot and humid as the Southeastern U.S..  Maybe for a day or two in August, verses Mid July straight through Mid September in Alabama.

Thanks for the info Rachel... I am sure it will be better in Minn (and Alabama) than it is in North Wales.. we just get rain.. followed by rain.. and then a little more rain... :)

Offline davina61

« Reply #171 on: January 27, 2021, 02:48:18 pm »
Yes Welsh sunshine-----------

Offline JanePlain

• Janes not here!
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2021, 10:05:37 am »
Remind me to pack my shirtkini... BUT  - Oh, yeah.. your heart... best leave it here eh?  AND, lot's of ice baths for Jay... hahahaha

This you living in Wales and I living in Minnesota thing (Darn Covid) is cause for all the cold showers I need thank you. Ice baths! Yikes. That would give me (or anyone) a heart attack.

Thanks to your encouragement I'm quite pleased with my doctors they appear to have ironed out things so I plan on being around a long time. Swoon. More time to be with you sweet Sarah! Assuming they ever figure out this Covid business. SIGH.....

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2021, 06:41:25 pm »
I just heard I get my Covid Vaccine next week (well the first one)... and so.. international travel is getting closer to being a reality!!  YAY!!!!

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2021, 02:23:52 am »
Nice! Congrats!

Hope you tolerate it well.

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #175 on: February 06, 2021, 12:11:19 pm »
I had an endocrine appointment (over the phone) with the NHS hospital that had refused to handle my HRT (and generally been anti-trans)..  It was okay, despite my fears going into it..  and some way of an apology/explanation as to why they did not want to handle it..  So, I did get a sorry.. and then he said, before, as I was <presenting male> and needed estrogen for medical reasons.. that was okay.. but now, now that I had 'decided' to transition.. then it left them open to a 'whole raft of legal implications' that they were advised not to handle and leave to the gender clinics..

The intro to the appointment was funny.. he said 'Hello Sarah, we err. err. err. err. have not spoken since you err. err. err. err.. decided to err. err.. change your err identity'..
I said, 'I changed my gender .. it is quite simple.. not my identity'.. he replied 'of course.. sorry, it is difficult to know how to address it'.... I mean.. sheez.. this is a doctor!!! I did just let that ride.. but anyway, overall, they are fine doing all the other stuff medically for me.. and they don't want to see me for 12 months! YAY!...

I had my Covid vaccine also on Thursday.. and it made me very ill on Friday all day....ugh
Still a bit achy.. but feeling better than I did...

And.. well, really just felt very ugly all week... lines, wrinkles and just very bad hair... so.. yeah.. old, wrinkly and ugly...

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #176 on: February 06, 2021, 12:20:25 pm »
I'm glad you've had your vaccination, aside the poorliness :-(.

I've generally had good experiences with medical/hospital staff, sorry to hear about yours, but it sounds like they're at least trying!

I'm sure you're looking young and gorgeous like all of us ;-). X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #177 on: February 06, 2021, 02:05:29 pm »
Thank you Megan..
Yes.. overall I have had no issues, just this one endocrine guy..

The person who did my vaccination was my old nurse, who has known me for getting on 2 decades, but this was the first time she saw me as Sarah.. (we have spoken on the phone) and she was really nice and very complimentary... As with everything it is people not 'systems' at fault.

I was concerned about who had given the 'advice' to let gender clinics deal with patients like me?? Maybe there is some litigation that is not public knowledge??

Offline Pammie

« Reply #178 on: February 06, 2021, 04:19:51 pm »
Thank you Megan..
Yes.. overall I have had no issues, just this one endocrine guy..

The person who did my vaccination was my old nurse, who has known me for getting on 2 decades, but this was the first time she saw me as Sarah.. (we have spoken on the phone) and she was really nice and very complimentary... As with everything it is people not 'systems' at fault.

I was concerned about who had given the 'advice' to let gender clinics deal with patients like me?? Maybe there is some litigation that is not public knowledge??
Great you got your vaccination already, you do not look old enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Friend
« Reply #179 on: February 06, 2021, 05:05:33 pm »

I had my Covid vaccine also on Thursday.. and it made me very ill on Friday all day....ugh
Still a bit achy.. but feeling better than I did...

And.. well, really just felt very ugly all week... lines, wrinkles and just very bad hair... so.. yeah.. old, wrinkly and ugly...

My wife felt bad a few days, and still has a rash.  She got hers about a month ago.

Tags: