Author Topic: Sarah's soliloquy  (Read 23433 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Sarah's soliloquy
« Reply #500 on: May 29, 2022, 02:55:20 am »
Happy birthday dear.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #501 on: June 05, 2022, 06:47:23 pm »
thank you for the birthday messages.  sorry I have not been around but having left my UK home and travelled to the USA I just have not had much time to update what was going on...
tbh, things are not going amazing..  I am stuck in the USA  miles from my daughter and seemingly not a friend to lean on.  But that is what I have come to expect from life.
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #502 on: June 05, 2022, 06:56:19 pm »
oh I guess I also should update my surgery news too... so I am just a week shy of 4 months post op.. and all I can say is everything is great.. everything is healed nicely.. it all works fantastically well.. for every aspect. and it looks cis-normal. there is hardly any scarring and full sensation.. really is a bit miraculous.. my dream of 'waking up a girl' took a few months of healing.. but, blow me down, actually worked!! LOL

Offline RandiL

• Call me Rayna. Formerly Randi
  • On the way
« Reply #503 on: June 08, 2022, 12:04:53 am »
thank you for the birthday messages.  sorry I have not been around but having left my UK home and travelled to the USA I just have not had much time to update what was going on...
tbh, things are not going amazing..  I am stuck in the USA  miles from my daughter and seemingly not a friend to lean on.  But that is what I have come to expect from life.
Sarah,

I'm glad your healing has gone well, but I'm sorry you are feeling alone. Are you away from Jay? I hope you can get connected soon.
Rayna

My smartphone thinks it's smarter than me. It's probably right.

Forging my new, best life as Rayna

My personal blog thread: Randi the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randi's HRT Journal

Offline TXSara

• Friend
« Reply #504 on: June 09, 2022, 07:02:42 am »

I'm sorry to hear that you're stuck without friends -- if you're anywhere near me, you can definitely reach out and I'll be there!  (slim chance, though... usually a trip from the UK will bring you closer to NYC or LA).

oh I guess I also should update my surgery news too... so I am just a week shy of 4 months post op.. and all I can say is everything is great.. everything is healed nicely.. it all works fantastically well.. for every aspect. and it looks cis-normal. there is hardly any scarring and full sensation.. really is a bit miraculous.. my dream of 'waking up a girl' took a few months of healing.. but, blow me down, actually worked!! LOL

That is fantastic!  I'm nowhere near having my surgery just yet, but it makes me happy to know that others are doing so well post-op!

~Sara

Offline SarahEL

• Family
« Reply #505 on: June 30, 2022, 03:47:26 pm »
Life is short.. Fleetingly so.. One moment your in the gush of youth. The next, looking at retirement options.. Your dead far longer. Only death and taxes are certain but for most, you won't achieve everything you want.. You'll never find that you've arrived, because its a journey ultimately to your grave.
No one has died thinking they wished they watched more TV.. Or movies or ate fast food.. No one died thinking they should of been neater or tidier
Most people go with regret
Not having spent time.. Time... Doing what they love and being with those they love..

For some of us, transitioning gender is part of that journey. Why or whatever the reason.. There is a need to transition. It, for most, increases that happiness
I don't know of anyone who has been through this and said 'I wish I waited"
I think you either know, or you don't... And if you don't then it's probably not the right thing for you.. But if you know.. Don't waste what life you have left on worrying about what you're losing... You've lost that anyway.
I am convinced that spiritually, if there is a supreme being, her attitude would be.. I gave you love, I gave you life.. Go use them...

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2022, 04:36:36 pm »
Perfectly stated Sarah...

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2022, 04:37:22 pm »
@SarahEL
Dear Sarah:
Thank you for sharing your insights and your thoughts...
I definitely agree with the important salient points that you brought up:

Life is short.. Fleetingly so.. One moment your in the gush of youth.
         he next, looking at retirement options.

No one has died thinking they wished they watched more TV.. Or movies
        or ate fast food.. No one died thinking they should of been neater or tidier
        Most people go with regret Not having spent time.. Time... Doing what
        they love and being with those they love..

There is a need to transition. It, for most, increases that happiness
        I don't know of anyone who has been through this and said "I wish I waited"

... and YES, I believe that God's attitude is:  
         "I gave you love, I gave you life.. Go use them..."

Thank you again for your lovely posting and the sharing of your thoughts.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #508 on: July 01, 2022, 04:21:03 am »
Well that was my attitude , I just went for it and now I am content . Remember everyday is the first day of the rest of your life so smash it!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #509 on: July 02, 2022, 05:20:20 pm »
I don’t know about the food thing.  I enjoy the heck out of some fast food.  I might actually think (on my deathbed) gee I’d like another cheesesteak with peppers and some jalapeño chips.

Or, a Special with Provolone sandwich from the Passkey in Pueblo, Colorado.  Or, maybe an Apollo sandwich from Groucho’s Deli… with the sauce.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #510 on: July 04, 2022, 04:10:06 am »
Life is short.. Fleetingly so.. One moment your in the gush of youth. The next, looking at retirement options.. Your dead far longer. Only death and taxes are certain but for most, you won't achieve everything you want.. You'll never find that you've arrived, because its a journey ultimately to your grave.
No one has died thinking they wished they watched more TV.. Or movies or ate fast food.. No one died thinking they should of been neater or tidier
Most people go with regret
Not having spent time.. Time... Doing what they love and being with those they love..

For some of us, transitioning gender is part of that journey. Why or whatever the reason.. There is a need to transition. It, for most, increases that happiness
I don't know of anyone who has been through this and said 'I wish I waited"
I think you either know, or you don't... And if you don't then it's probably not the right thing for you.. But if you know.. Don't waste what life you have left on worrying about what you're losing... You've lost that anyway.
I am convinced that spiritually, if there is a supreme being, her attitude would be.. I gave you love, I gave you life.. Go use them...

You have some nice, positive thoughts there Sarah!  A good attitude… may you have many wonderful years ahead!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: