Author Topic: Do you remember your dreams?  (Read 66 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you remember your dreams?
« on: September 16, 2020, 06:04:52 pm »
Do you remember your dreams?

I had what I thought was a very long lasting dream the other night and I did wake up quite refreshed.  I remembered some details of the dream perhaps during the first minute after I got out of bed, then about everything about the dream faded away from memory other than it was an extremely pleasant dream. One that I would want to repeat.

I wished I had jotted down some notes about the dream right away.  I know that I was spending a lot of time listening and helping others and they were very grateful, and it was truly nice helping them.  But I do not know anything more than that besides that I was definitely myself as Chrissy in the dream. No other details are remembered.  All well.   

So, do you remember your dreams?  If so, is that a good thing, or would you rather have had them blanked out of your memory?

Chrissy

Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Do you remember your dreams?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 08:22:45 pm »
Not always, but often enough I do remember my dreams, but only for a short time after I wake up.

I experience the whole range of emotions in my dreams, sad to happy or realistic to total fantasy. Sometimes I wake up and my dream feels like it was just a continuation of real life and others times I am so happy to be out of there.

If there are any Freudian psycho-analysts out there, please tell me what this means.  ???

Just kidding, dreams are just a dream. My imagination running wild. Take it or leave it.  ::)

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline RandyL

• Non-binary
Re: Do you remember your dreams?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 10:30:14 pm »
I think dreams are just our brain processing the day's information to store it into memory and build retrieval paths. For you computer geeks, I think it's "re-organizing and indexing the database."

Mine are non linear and can't really be put into words. As such I think they are difficult to remember because they aren't logical and don't fit any framework that would help me pin them down.

I know Freud thought you could mine dreams for information and clues about the subconscious. I don't really buy that.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

Tags: