Author Topic: First Time Follies  (Read 130 times)

Offline Dayle1957

• I am a girl, I have always been a girl
First Time Follies
« on: September 24, 2020, 11:43:28 am »
All,

Monday I was in Palm Springs.  A long anticipated chance to go out in public En Femme.  Other than a quick jaunt out the door and once or twice around the block I have never really gone out in public totally dressed as a woman.  I have done lots and lots of day to day androgeny, but not never truly as a woman.

You can relate to how exciting and scary this could be!

After a day of checking out the bargains in the various Thrift shops (I bought a little black dress, a cute skirt and a couple of tops), I spent several hours getting ready for my big night.  I shaved my legs, my face (again) applied what little makeup I have and worked on my outfit and hair.  I bought a little "bangs extension" thingy and when I finally thought I was ready I took a walk!  Nobody seemed to notice the "older lady" strolling down the street in her skort and blouse.  It helped a bit wearing the covid-mask.  I couple of times I thought people, mostly women looked at me in a kind of knowing way... but I didn't care.  I was having a blast.

So, courage up I went back to the hotel and swapped the skorts and blouse for my dress and headed out to find a restaurant.

I felt wonderful!  What really struck me was that it all seemed so natural... so right!

In no time I made my way to the Terraza, put my name in on the list and gave them my cell phone number.  I was a bit intimidated when I had to speak but I thought "what the hell, they probably already know so who cares?".  The young man told me it would be about 30 minutes until my table would be ready at which point they would send me a text.  That was when I realized I forgot to put my phone in my purse...  I had everything else including mascara, lip gloss, concealer, eye-brow pencil etc... but no phone.  Ugh... I would have to rush back to the hotel, get my phone and hope that I could get back in time.

So I rushed back to my hotel and to my relief, I had not yet been texted.  I grabbed my cell phone but before I went out the door I thought that I had better use the bathroom, as I was not ready yet to deal with that in a public setting!  So, everything done I washed my hands, checked my makeup and my "look" in the mirror and rushed out the door just as I received the text that my table was ready.

Trying to walk as lady-like as I could and still move quickly I passed dozens of people on the street.  Nobody gave me a second glance except for one woman on a bicycle who seemed to really be checking me out.  Oh well.

I got to the restaurant on time and was led to my table.  As I was ready to sit down I reached back to smooth my dress as I had practiced and dreamed about so many times.  But something didn't feel right... OMG, I accidentally tucked the hem of my dress into my panties when I used the bathroom at the hotel!!!  I was mortified but realized there was nothing I could do.

So, I just pulled it out, smoothed it and sat down like a lady.   I crossed my legs and ordered a drink.   I proceeded to have a wonderful night and became more relaxed as the evening wore on.  The two Margarita's didn't hurt either.

I enjoyed my stroll back to the hotel later, feeling very much a woman.  I can and will get used to it.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been the company of like-minded friends.

Next time

Hugs

Dayle

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
Re: First Time Follies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 11:57:19 am »
Yays!  :)

By and large, people don't care about the other people around them nearly as much as we expect/fear that they will. Butt, do work a little harder at not showing them your rear end next time!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline PeterSteele

• "I was fine, until I was born. And it's been downhill ever since."
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 12:08:14 pm »
That is awesome, I am so proud of you. <3
Peter Steele Θ

Offline KatieP

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 01:55:12 pm »
Butt, do work a little harder at not showing them your rear end next time!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

You really are terrible, Devlyn!

And congrats! Dayle!! Great job!

Katie

Online CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 02:42:10 pm »
Dayle-

Congratulations on your big step!  I remember my first forays (quick shopping trips) being so empowering, and by and large the people around me just went about their business.

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 02:48:46 pm »
Butt, do work a little harder at not showing them your rear end next time!  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn

You really are terrible, Devlyn!

And congrats! Dayle!! Great job!

Katie

I do what I can.  ;D
Veteran, US Army

Tags: