Author Topic: Model Kits  (Read 226 times)

Offline Yukina

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Gunpla Nerd
Model Kits
« on: September 17, 2020, 07:31:22 am »
Hi. I was just wondering if there were any fellow model kit builders here. :) I mostly focus on mechs (Gundam, Eva, etc.).

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Model Kits
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 10:26:02 am »
Old school model builder who assembled lots of wood and paper models in the past.  Haven't built anything in a decade. Rockets, airplanes, and a sail boat.  Most are functional.  I learned how to use a dual action airbrush to match colors. ;D

Offline Yukina

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:24:19 pm »
Nice. Do you still have any of your old models? :)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 12:28:33 pm »
Yes, too many to count.  Fortunately I room to store stuff. ;D

Offline Yukina

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 01:32:46 pm »
Cool. :) Having space to put stuff is the eternal model building struggle.

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 06:34:05 am »
I have a gundam store not far from me and recently I decided to try my hand at building a gundam and went o the store and bought one. The woman who runs the store was very nice and helpful. It was a little confusing at the beginning because the instructions are all in Japanese and my reading skills are not that great, not zero, just not that great. Anyways, I did complete my first gundam and I keep it on display with my vintage audio equipment. The store near my house has gundam building parties. I didn't go that far lol, but it was a fun project.

Offline Yukina

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 07:40:05 am »
I have a gundam store not far from me and recently I decided to try my hand at building a gundam and went o the store and bought one. The woman who runs the store was very nice and helpful. It was a little confusing at the beginning because the instructions are all in Japanese and my reading skills are not that great, not zero, just not that great. Anyways, I did complete my first gundam and I keep it on display with my vintage audio equipment. The store near my house has gundam building parties. I didn't go that far lol, but it was a fun project.

Awesome. :) You're so lucky to have a store nearby. The closest one for me is at least an hour or two away, so i usually order online. Which kit did you pick?

Offline Zumbagirl

• Family
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 08:08:20 am »
Awesome. :) You're so lucky to have a store nearby. The closest one for me is at least an hour or two away, so i usually order online. Which kit did you pick?

Honestly I don't know. In fact I was absolutely surprised when I found out the store was there. I was pulling into the parking lot of this strip mall to go to a chinese restaurant and then I see this store. Initially I thought it was a comic book store so I figured I would check it out. When I walked in, there was nothing but gundams and a few others like dragonball z. So after looking around I said why not? Plus like I said the woman that owns the store was very nice. I was on vacation on the time and bought a kit. It's a white gundam with gold trim, that's all I know lol. He's got a sword in one hand and a shield that's part of the chest.

Tags: