Author Topic: Really nervous  (Read 950 times)

Offline FloralAlyssa

• No-op Trans woman / NB
Re: Really nervous
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2020, 09:21:07 am »
It happened!  It just went out!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :-)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2020, 02:41:08 pm »
It would be nice to work at such a supportive and caring company. Hopefully, you will be transitioned smoothly.

In my case, I have transitioned without any announcement, albeit no HRT.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline FloralAlyssa

• No-op Trans woman / NB
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2020, 03:52:12 pm »
It went reasonably well.  Got about 25 replies, mostly from people I work with regularly.  There were a few regulars that didn't reply, but they could be out, or just didn't read the email yet.

So all in all, I'm really happy with it.  Plus I wore by favorite dress today for confidence (only in the basement office, but still it helped!)

Online Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 04:39:16 pm »
It went reasonably well.  Got about 25 replies, mostly from people I work with regularly.  There were a few regulars that didn't reply, but they could be out, or just didn't read the email yet.

So all in all, I'm really happy with it.  Plus I wore by favorite dress today for confidence (only in the basement office, but still it helped!)
I'm really happy for you. Onward to a normal happy life! X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Neighbor
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2020, 06:22:32 pm »
Is there any feedback on the Trump supporting friends and family?  I ask because my WHOLE family is Trump supporting born again, non-LGBT allied, and I don't think they would take the news well at all.  My mother says some pretty strong condemning things about TG people.  Dad says he couldn't stand to be in the room with one (which he was when he said it, so...I guess if he KNEW he couldn't be in the room? 

In fact, I think I would rather move to another state, not tell them I was transitioning and just not visit.  (Only half joking)  Call, text, or email and send no photos.  Of course, that brings up certain problems with funerals.

Offline FloralAlyssa

• No-op Trans woman / NB
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 06:32:10 pm »
They haven't harassed me or been nasty on social media, but they were also conspicuously absent in expressing support on the facebook post. I live 6 hours from most of my family, so it's impossible to know what's going on behind my back down there.  I probably won't be shunned from family events, but I also don't really expect many to be friendly to me if I show up to a wedding reception in a dress.

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 11:27:18 pm »
@FloralAlyssa

Alyssa-

That sounds like a great response from your coworkers- that 25 of them would reach out afterwards!  It must be a huge relief to you!

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Tags: