Author Topic: Have you ever unintentionally or accidentally outed yourself?  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Alice

• The Battle Within
Re: Have you ever unintentionally or accidentally outed yourself?
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2020, 07:05:38 pm »
Pammie,

I guess it was a good thing but I changed jobs before I went full time. Other considerations forced myself out of the job at the time.

Alice

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2020, 06:33:56 am »
No it wasn’t. It changed so much. I was basically under threat of being outed to my children from then on and ultimately brought my agenda forward 9-12 months!
I’m not complaining now though!

I am glad things are working out in terms of your schedule!   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2020, 09:37:27 am »
Well, everyone who knows me has seen me in some combination of women's clothes, larger breasts, painted nails, more femme glasses, higher pitched voice, wigs, earrings- just about everything except facial makeup.  But since I'm a widow everyone is assuming it's grief- so I don't count those as unintentional outings. 

So truly unintentional outings???  I got carded for the first time in years! (I guess Caela really does look that much younger)- and had to tell the waitress that she wouldn't believe it was me on my ID.  I was thinking too fast one day and used my deadname talking to a shopkeeper- and he did a double take.  I also have one credit card that I thought 20+ years ago would be good to get my picture on, so that always causes fun when I forget and use it.

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline Pammie

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2020, 01:52:55 pm »

I am glad things are working out in terms of your schedule!   :)

Chrissy
Thanks Chrissy. Tbh I’ve just been posting in my blog how life has shown me how unimportant my stress at that time ultimately was.
I’m glad my timings were pulled forward, I needed to be fully myself to cope with the last 14 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
Have you ever unintentionally or accidentally outed yourself?
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2020, 05:46:21 pm »
I do remember once when I was out and forgot to remove the little bit of makeup I had on earlier when out as myself.  Now I keep some makeup remover wipes in the car, just in case.

No one said anything that evening but I think all I did was to go through a restaurant drive through and I went in the drugstore or a dollar store.  So that was not outing myself but it could have been a close call.  :)

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2020, 07:30:55 pm »
I planned my transition very carefully to minimize the risk of leaks / me making mistakes. I really did not want the news to spread without my authorization. And incredibly, it all went according to plan. There were a few close calls of me passing acquaintances on the street. But I had lost so much weight and my appearance had changed so much from the hormones and longer hair, I was unrecognizable. (Although one person did a double-take but couldn't figure it out.)

At this point in my transition, I really don't care how people find out. So: mission accomplished, no accidental outings.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 07:33:11 pm »
I planned my transition very carefully to minimize the risk of leaks / me making mistakes. I really did not want the news to spread without my authorization. And incredibly, it all went according to plan. There were a few close calls of me passing acquaintances on the street. But I had lost so much weight and my appearance had changed so much from the hormones and longer hair, I was unrecognizable. (Although one person did a double-take but couldn't figure it out.)

At this point in my transition, I really don't care how people find out. So: mission accomplished, no accidental outings.

Sarah

Excellent! 

Chrissy

Offline Rachel

• Family
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 09:42:46 pm »
I assume people see me as trans but unless they know me I think I pass pretty well. I am so comfortable with who I am that a few times when in a conversation I mention my transition and the other person says that they did not know. Then I think to myself are they being kind or do I pass.

I make it a point to never out myself now. I look different now than my pic.

I really like younger guys. So when covid is done I will get a face lift and some loose tummy skin removed. I have some deep stretch marks that Dr. RBL commented on and when I told here how much weight I lost she was very surprised. Maybe I will have them removed to some extent.

I think I am seeing myself as female and not trans or not in transition but as me. So I made a decision to not out myself and to just have fun being me and that is another story.

Rachel
MTF in need of help link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,133631.1980.html
MTF in need of help 2 link https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251825.0.html
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas FemLar 10/13/2020

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2020, 06:33:09 am »
I have some deep stretch marks that Dr. RBL commented on and when I told here how much weight I lost she was very surprised.
Rachel

@@Rachel

I, too, have some stretch marks, and I have surgery with Bluebond in January...I wonder if she'll comment on my stretch marks as well... ??? ???

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Tags: