Author Topic: Has anyone ever asked you if your breasts “are real”?  (Read 466 times)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Has anyone ever asked you if your breasts “are real”?
« on: September 19, 2020, 05:23:58 pm »

Mine are not big, so for me, it is not like people were wondering if I had breast augmentation.
I have not been asked with that particular phrasing; but, I have been asked if I use padding.
(I do not, except I have at home used inexpensive inserts (not breast forms) just to see what they might look like if they were bigger than my Bs.)

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Has anyone ever asked you if your breasts “are real”?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 05:36:07 pm »

Mine are not big, so for me, it is not like people were wondering if I had breast augmentation.
I have not been asked with that particular phrasing; but, I have been asked if I use padding.
(I do not, except I have at home used inexpensive inserts (not breast forms) just to see what they might look like if they were bigger than my Bs.)

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Certainly that is a question that many of us girls get when we first come out...   I had the question or insinuation posed to me from both cis-males and cis-females.   

I guess the final solution for me was when I dressed and showered in the Gym locker room... and I had nothing but compliments from some of my women friends in my Gym Gals Group.   Going topless in front of cis-women is the "final" test.   My self confidence increased for sure.
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 06:01:33 pm »
@ChrissyRyan
Certainly that is a question that many of us girls get when we first come out...   I had the question or insinuation posed to me from both cis-males and cis-females.   

I guess the final solution for me was when I dressed and showered in the Gym locker room... and I had nothing but compliments from some of my women friends in my Gym Gals Group.   Going topless in front of cis-women is the "final" test.   My self confidence increased for sure.
HUGS,
Danielle

I am sure such a display would be convincing for you.   :)

The most I have gone topless is about an inch or two of bare midriff.  Which happened to be today when working in my yard in a hot dark pink T and jeans.

I am not ready for the locker room but do look forward to that same experience after full-time.

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 06:43:20 pm »
I interpret that kind of question is rude. People do not ask that kind of question to women. Should I ask you the full length of your penis? I remind people of that.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 07:28:11 pm »
I have a different opinion on this matter.

I get asked this question many times and actually, I find it somewhat gender confirming in an odd, slightly perverse sort of way. I am not offended in any way by this type of question. I just accept my body for what it is.

I live in Miami, Florida and we have a clothing optional beach here that I frequently visit. If you know what to look for, it  is very obvious who has breast implants and  who doesn't. I do not have breast implants, yet.  ::) Maybe later. I don't know.  ???

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 08:22:30 pm »
Hasn't happened yet!

But I know enough brutally upfront people that I'm sure I'll get the question at some point...it's poor taste, but some people don't recognize that. Other people are simply nosy or curious about the "exotic."

Whatever...Rather than making a fuss about the question, I'm fine answering. (And yes, they are real.)

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 10:02:32 pm »
I am sure such a display would be convincing for you.   :)

The most I have gone topless is about an inch or two of bare midriff.  Which happened to be today when working in my yard in a hot dark pink T and jeans.

I am not ready for the locker room but do look forward to that same experience after full-time.

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Finally having victory over the "dreaded" women's locker room gauntlet at the gym was such a relief for me.

I've told that to many trans-women friends here on the Forums  and  I caution those that are not full-time and not passing 100% that they must be prepared and strong willed for the scenario of the much feared gauntlet and dreaded locker room changing area....  and if they are pre-op they need to be very, very careful.

My gym-gals group and my fear of going through the feared gauntlet to the women's locker room at the gym to change clothes appeared to be a very scary thing for me but very soon turned into a right of passage in my journey.  Not one of my friends nor did any other women in the locker room even bat an eye when I changed out of my top...   It is wonderful  to have my group of friends (in my case 5 cis-women friends) to regularly go to they gym with....

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline cargurl72

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 10:08:48 pm »
I've never been asked that in a direct way. I have been asked by friends if I would grow breast in my transition. They were genuinely curious about how transition works for us. I used it as a teachable moment. 

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 11:11:04 pm »
‘“Yes and BTW, they’re real and they’re SPECTACULAR !!! “ lol

Offline Susan R

• Transgender Female
  • The Real Me!
    • Susan R's Introduction
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 01:07:20 am »

Loved that Seinfeld episode!❤️
Sept. 25, 2018:       Began HRT
May 19, 2019:         Out to All/Full time
June 12, 2019:        Name/Gender Marker on all ID's/Legal Docs completed
July 2, 2020:           GRS & BA Consult - Dr. Stiller
January 5, 2021:      GRS Surgery [Stage 1]
January 15, 2021:    BA
June 2021 [TBD]:     GRS Surgery [Stage 2]

Offline Carla68

• Friend
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 03:40:52 am »
I think you tell by the tone of the question if someone is asking because they are interested or if they are trying to insult or ridicule

I was in the ladies once touching up my makeup and the girl next to me asked if she could make a comment about my breasts, this is usually how a curious person (of which there are many some who are Trans) starts a conversation about many trans issues.

She then proceeded to point out to me that a lady of my age would have a different shape of breasts than the pointy Madonna style breasts i was wearing, it took me back at the time but i did some research and then spent some serious money on Amolux Breast forms and as they say never looked back

Carla
Carla

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2020, 05:42:27 am »

:)  :)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 06:17:18 am »
@ChrissyRyan
Dear Chrissy:
Finally having victory over the "dreaded" women's locker room gauntlet at the gym was such a relief for me.

I've told that to many trans-women friends here on the Forums  and  I caution those that are not full-time and not passing 100% that they must be prepared and strong willed for the scenario of the much feared gauntlet and dreaded locker room changing area....  and if they are pre-op they need to be very, very careful.

My gym-gals group and my fear of going through the feared gauntlet to the women's locker room at the gym to change clothes appeared to be a very scary thing for me but very soon turned into a right of passage in my journey.  Not one of my friends nor did any other women in the locker room even bat an eye when I changed out of my top...   It is wonderful  to have my group of friends (in my case 5 cis-women friends) to regularly go to they gym with....

HUGS,
Danielle

@Northern Star Girl

Danielle,

Such a visit I would not attempt without great care and perhaps first when the locker room is nearly empty!  Or perhaps when with another.  But only after both full time and male fail. 
Pre-Op would bring its challenges too. 

It is nice to just be outdoors as oneself and mingling at times with friends and the public.   :)

Chrissy

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Neighbor
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 06:24:57 am »
I don't think I've ever been asked if they are real.  Though I have had several people make the assumption that they are implants and I have corrected them, nope that's all me.

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 08:33:02 pm »
Yes.  My primary care physician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Tags: