Author Topic: Fashions and styles come and go. Any you wish to come back or go away?  (Read 523 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Fashions and styles come and go.  Are there any you wish that would come back or that you would like to see go away?  Men and women, chime in!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Chloe

• Family
  • "Landed Airline Gentry"
    • CowetaSolar Journal(s) & Blog(s)
Re: Fashions and styles come and go. Any you wish to come back or go away?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 08:55:18 pm »

(You talkin' to me?)

Quote from: the 60's hippie girl look
       Twiggy was at the forefront of women's liberation in the sixties, often not wearing a bra or garters, and showing off those long legs in a perilously short skirt.
      When Twiggy first started out, many thought that she wouldn't be around for long. But here we are, forty-five years later (2011), and she's still modelling, now for Marks & Spencer and looking as fabulous as ever.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 04:46:26 am by Chloe »
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 09:03:53 pm »
I wish the big hair styles from the 80s would come back in style!! That was the best time for hair in my opinion.
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline AnneK

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 09:41:40 pm »
Hosiery with skirts or dresses.  We could do with less pants.
I'm a 66 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 10:52:47 am »
The most widespread hairstyling trend of the current time is the "beach waves" look, which to me seems to only look good about 10% of the time and the rest of the time just looks messy. I preferred the smoother hair looks of the '00s and '90s myself.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:00:48 pm »
I tire of seeing the “distressed” or “destroyed” or “torn and shredded cut” look for some jeans.  The style was popular on college campuses in the early 2000s and you see them on girls and women a lot nowadays.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 08:14:42 pm »
Go away.

1. Daisy Dukes (as I do not have such big butts)

2. Plunging tops or dresses (as I do not have big boos)

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 05:33:02 pm »
I wish the big hair styles from the 80s would come back in style!! That was the best time for hair in my opinion.

Agreed.  So little of it around now.  The 80s was good for SO many other femme fashions as well >:-)

~Jenny~

Offline Jin

• Family
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 07:14:09 pm »
I can't wait for Men's shorts to be short again. Remember the 1970s? Watching guys show off those powerful legs always made my heart beat faster. I have short legs so all my shorts are from the women's side of the store, even those I wear as a male.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 08:49:33 pm »
I'd like to see yoga pants leave. I tried a pair on once to see what so many wear them and found them to be thick and binding. Give me sweats or give me death!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2020, 06:45:23 am »
I still tire of seeing the big holes and tears in pants, usually denim, but apparently many people enjoy that look.  Not sure why, perhaps because many others wear that distressed style!

Chrissy

Tags: