Author Topic: Onlymaker Heels (entirely self-indulgent on my part).  (Read 330 times)

Offline TSL_NB

Onlymaker Heels (entirely self-indulgent on my part).
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:51:24 pm »
So....I've had my eye on these heels for a while, and finally splurged and ordered a pair.

Now, they're a direct imitation of a Christian Louboutin shoe (Exagona), but considering that the Exagona heels are about $1000, and these are less than $100, and I had some birthday money left over....I just finally said, 'What the hey,' and bought them.  And, they just arrived.

I was a bit worried they would look too campy, but they are really actually quite dashing.

But wow...these heels are HIGH (for me, anyway).  I've become pretty used to heels, but I never had a pair that were this tall.  It was an experience just walking back and forth in them a few times (I'd definitely recommend making sure no clutter is on the floor, though).

I'll likely have very little opportunity to actually try them out at length (I don't see myself being invited to any formal galas or weddings anytime soon), but it's actually fun just having them. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 07:02:20 am by TSL_NB »
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Onlymaker Heels (entirely self-indulgent on my part).
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 01:01:52 pm »
Good to hear you can wear them!

I think I'll stick with my kitten heels so I can run across the house to grab the phone.
Half the time it is where I was fifteen minutes ago.

Marion

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 02:56:06 pm »
Good to hear you can wear them!

I think I'll stick with my kitten heels so I can run across the house to grab the phone.
Half the time it is where I was fifteen minutes ago.

Marion

Thanks, Marion!

99.99999% of the time, I'll likely just stick with the Crocs and Toms (I'm just imagining myself trying to run after one of my kids in those heels...I imagine I would look less like a supermodel, and more like Homer Simpson when he fell down the canyon on that really old episode. :D   )
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 12:16:06 pm »
Anyhow, two months later, and I still can't think of an excuse to use them.

But, here they are. :)

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 01:16:23 pm »
If  you practice with those  shorter heels will be easier by comparision.  ;)

Marion

Online CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 02:06:33 pm »
Anyhow, two months later, and I still can't think of an excuse to use them.

But, here they are. :)

@TSL_NB

I like the look of those shoes!- It reminds me of all the dresses i've picked up during the COVID epidemic where I tell myself that one day things will open back up enough that I'll be able to wear them out of the house! 

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 02:21:59 pm »
@TSL_NB

I like the look of those shoes!- It reminds me of all the dresses i've picked up during the COVID epidemic where I tell myself that one day things will open back up enough that I'll be able to wear them out of the house! 

Hugs!

Caela

Thanks, Caela.  :)  They're actually not that expensive, either, relatively speaking (maybe about 50 USD, which is a lot for me, but I had birthday funds left over, so I splurged)

@Marion   I'm pretty good on heels, usually, but after these, it actually felt weird to wear something lower (kind of that same feeling if you're used to driving a van everywhere, but then have to use a small car....everything feels low to the ground).

Online CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 03:19:22 pm »
Thanks, Caela.  :)  They're actually not that expensive, either, relatively speaking (maybe about 50 USD, which is a lot for me, but I had birthday funds left over, so I splurged)

@Marion   I'm pretty good on heels, usually, but after these, it actually felt weird to wear something lower (kind of that same feeling if you're used to driving a van everywhere, but then have to use a small car....everything feels low to the ground).
@TSL_NB

Sometimes it's good to splurge and do something for yourself!

I'll never be a ballet dancer, so I stick to 4" rise and under heels. If I found the right ones (Criss Cross Peep Toe Platform Black High Heel Sandals, 6" heel with a 2" platform) it should feel like it was a 4" rise.  Does it feel and walk like a 4" heel?

Hugs!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 04:20:48 pm »
@TSL_NB

Sometimes it's good to splurge and do something for yourself!

I'll never be a ballet dancer, so I stick to 4" rise and under heels. If I found the right ones (Criss Cross Peep Toe Platform Black High Heel Sandals, 6" heel with a 2" platform) it should feel like it was a 4" rise.  Does it feel and walk like a 4" heel?

Hugs!

Caela

In theory, it shouldn't be much different from a 4", but it feels higher (that's likely me still getting used to them, though). 

Tags: