Author Topic: Finished the round of laser on my face  (Read 183 times)

Offline FloralAlyssa

• No-op Trans woman / NB
Finished the round of laser on my face
« on: September 20, 2020, 02:29:57 pm »
I have to say I'm pretty thrilled with the result.  I had a little grey hair, and that is still there so I still shave daily, but at this point a couple of spots still have a light shadow (upper lip and chin mainly), but a couple of spots of concealer and a medium coverage powder foundation is all I need for it to be unnoticeable all day.  Once I'm done with the touch-up appointments to finish off the last stubborn shadow, I'll probably just begin having my face waxed to get rid of the greys.

Next up is starting a round of LHR on my full chest.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: Finished the round of laser on my face
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 03:36:19 pm »
I have to say I'm pretty thrilled with the result.  I had a little grey hair, and that is still there so I still shave daily, but at this point a couple of spots still have a light shadow (upper lip and chin mainly), but a couple of spots of concealer and a medium coverage powder foundation is all I need for it to be unnoticeable all day.  Once I'm done with the touch-up appointments to finish off the last stubborn shadow, I'll probably just begin having my face waxed to get rid of the greys.

Next up is starting a round of LHR on my full chest.

Congratulations!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Online Kalandrina

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 03:45:42 pm »
Had 7 sessions myself, few loose greys, but lip and couple patches on chin are all that remain :)
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life

Offline Julielynn

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 04:18:01 am »
I was super happy w laser as well.   I ended up getting just a little electrolysis to get rid of the greys.   No more shaving!  Well, the face at least  lol   I did cheat some and hit the legs with a couple of sessions too.  Might as well make it easier.

Offline Kate.claire

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 12:40:58 pm »
I was super happy w laser as well.   I ended up getting just a little electrolysis to get rid of the greys.   No more shaving!  Well, the face at least  lol   I did cheat some and hit the legs with a couple of sessions too.  Might as well make it easier.

After all the sessions to get my face mostly clear pre-HRT... legs, armpits, and abs felt soooo easy.  Just a few sessions there made a huge difference in regular maintenance requirements.  I have so few leg hairs, it's just a quick 5-10 minutes session once a month with an epilator.  Abs are just thin and light blonde hair that looks totally normal. Full disclosure, even before two years of HRT, I was not a particularly hairy individual to begin with.

It's been over 3 years now since my last session and my face is still clear with the exception of white/gray hairs.  It certainly can work... just don't give up after 6 months or so when things suddenly seem to be coming back, eventually you beat it all back. 

YMMV.. yadda yadda yadda...

Tags: