Author Topic: Electrolysis - First Face Clearing Completed  (Read 333 times)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
Electrolysis - First Face Clearing Completed
« on: September 19, 2020, 11:02:33 pm »
So with trepidation I started electrolysis for facial hair removal in late July.

Was very nervous and scaredy-cat about the pain and how long it would take. I didn’t want to be half face hair person for too long, if you know what I mean. Hiding behind a Covid mask did help get me through my in progress facial hair insecurities.

Actually, it wasn’t so bad. I think the anticipation anxiety of pain was worse than the actual pain. An OTC pain pill and topical numbing cream was all I needed. Yes it hurts but tolerable. The worst area was the right neck, wow did that hurt a lot. The upper lip and most other areas I actually fell asleep part of the time. Luckily, I’m not a very hairy person.

Total chair time 11.5 hours. Now on to the other (sensitive) areas.......

I guess I’ll find out how much maintenance it will take in the next few months.

Hugs,

(Hair-free) Holly

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: Electrolysis - First Face Clearing Completed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 05:30:29 am »
Holly,

That is amazing having your face cleared in only 11.5 hours. Many of us have taken a few hundred hours to permanently clear our face.

I am at 260 hours now and I am still not quite done. I am a late transitioner and I had a heavy beard.  :'(

I guess genetics and age plays a very important part on how much electrolysis you need.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 06:56:57 am »
My first full clearing took about 22 hours.  That was 2 years ago.  Now she can clear it in 30 minutes.  There are still stragglers though even after all this time.  But once she is done for the day downtown now she pops back up to my face and keeps attacking those. 

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 01:38:13 am »
Yes lucked out with genetics. I’ve always had major blank spots with zero facial hair below the lips to the chin and both cheek areas.

But the BEST part of electrolysis was the removal of ear hair ! Lol !

Who’s with me on that !

Online sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 09:30:55 am »
Agree with others...only 11 hours for a full clearing is really very little time! Even if you went to E3K, they'd have a tough time doing a full clear with two technicians on the first pass in 11 hours.

I have put in around 120 hours at this point in 2-hour weekly sessions, and we're still not even close to being able to clear everything one my face in one two-hour sitting. Probably will take another 9-12 months to get to a point where we can do a full clear.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline RandyL

• On the way
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 02:05:11 pm »

But the BEST part of electrolysis was the removal of ear hair ! Lol !

Who’s with me on that !

So does your electrologist actually go in and remove the hairs inside your ears? Or are you talking about hairs on the external parts?

Mine said she can't go inside anything.

Sent from my dual-floppy Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

Casting about for my best path forward...

My personal blog thread: Randy the lost traveler, finding the right road at last

My HRT thread: Randy's HRT Journal

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 06:09:25 pm »
Randy, those annoying ones in and around the ear (that I wish were on top of my head, lol). Not in the ear canal but everything around it ! 😹

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 08:33:49 pm »

Mine said she can't go inside anything.

Sorry about the ear hair, I so far have not developed that and hope it never happens, lol.  My electrologist has said, if they can see it, they can zap it.  I was asking specifically about nose hairs.  I was surprised anyone would do that, but where I go, around that city rhinoplasties are common, and thus people often want their nose hairs zapped because they often are unsightly after.  So, yeah she does inside noses, if she can see it.

Offline AllieSF

• Ain't Life Grand!!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 11:25:31 pm »
I am down to about 30 minutes or less every 8 week is for those nasty white hairs on my left jaw line, if I keep my mouth shut and do not talk too much, thus slowing down the progress some.  During that same time she does my nose hairs and ear hairs inside the ear but not necessarily in the ear canal.  She did that last week and then looks all over my face and neck for any other long wispy hairs, sometimes previously lost in the bright lights that she uses to see each hair.  She found several new hairs on my face and neck, mostly black and finer, in the process.  She will only go so far into my nose, lowers the power and is very cautious to not cause damage while too deep in.  There are risks of causing other issues while in the nose too deep.
HRT - February 2017
Full Time - July 2018
Orchi - January 2018
BA - September 25, 2019
FFS - January 10, 2020
GRS - TBDDD (To Be Determined, Decision and Date)

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 01:02:40 am »
Wow nose hairs too, didn’t think about that, lol ! Sounds painful !

How many clearings (or is it months waiting for growth phases) did it take before your 5 o’clock shadow went away?

Is anyone else getting face tan lines from wearing a mask?

Offline Nadine Spirit

• Little Mrs. Snarky
  • Friend
    • Unordinary Style
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 05:59:51 am »
I am on a once a month schedule and have been since June of 2018.  It takes about a month for the next hairs to grow in and appear and be zappable.  I didn't have much of a shadow to begin with, though after about 6-7 full clearings I noticed a change in my skin tone.

Tags: