Author Topic: Hi everybody!  (Read 229 times)

Offline Jo35

Hi everybody!
« on: September 20, 2020, 03:50:53 pm »
Hello everybody

I am glad to be here. I will go by Joanna (which will probably/hopefully my middle Name in the Future). I hope this Forum will in Part help me to find out how far I can go on this Journey out of the closet to match my outside to my inside.

I would be very interested if there is somebody out there with similar experiences.

Physically I am Male , 6‘3“ in the mid thirties  and have a very good Life. I never had Depression or wanted to kill myself. The only thing a psychiatrist might say that I am very overweight because I have no relationship to my male Body. It has a few advantages to be a Man but that’s it.

For a long time I have tried to tell myself that I am asexual. I am not sexually interested in Women. I also thought that I am not sexually interested in Men until I discovered I am very much into Men but only from a heterosexual point of view. What I mean by that is that I would love to have a boyfriend if I were a Woman.

Mentally I have felt female for a long time. From the age of about 7 I wished nearly everyday to wake up as a Girl/Woman the next day. Today I am a Feminist, I love to read Literature and Journals for both sexes. And I take great Advantage of my what I percieve as female Traits in my Job (i am good with the most difficult Clients because I am social, empathic and I can very well listen).

I never really tried to transition my body to female. I do not really know why because I consider this to be a big Mistake. Maybe it was the Lack of Courage, Maybe it was the Lack of psychological strain. Maybe both. Now that I have the courage to explore this I am interested to see where this Journey goes.

When it comes to transition I plan to lose a lot of weight and then see a gender therapist. As Women come in many shapes and forms I hope to go the whole way but that of course remains to be Seen.

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Hi everybody!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 04:00:18 pm »
@Jo35
Dear Joanna
    Thank you for coming to the Forums.

Know that I am not trying to sidetrack your questions and thoughts.... but please allow me to officially welcome you here.
    Thank you for writing your first post.... as you get more involved in exchanging comments on various posts other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to any of your specific questions and concerns..

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2020, 04:01:27 pm »
Hi Joanna!

Welcome!   :)

Chrissy
Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Susannah

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2020, 09:38:13 pm »
Hello Joanna,

Welcome to the community.  People here are very helpful and supportive.  See you around.

Susannah

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 12:19:23 am »
Joanna

Hello and welcome to the community!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

In a sky full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy? - Seal

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 01:47:47 pm »
Welcome Jo !

Hugs,

Holly

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Neighbor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 02:02:45 pm »
Hey, welcome to the group.

I am over weight too.  I need to get mine under control.  Some surgeons have weight or body mass index (BMI) requirements and some do not. Why? Primarily because of literature studies that have revealed increased complications with surgery surgery in patients with a higher weight or BMI index.

A fairly common threshold for them to decline surgery is a BMI of 30.  Good luck.  Losing weight is hard enough now.  On estrogen, it will be even harder.  But, it is a positive step you can make that will generally make you healthier, and it is a goal you can work towards that actually is helping you work towards transition without making obvious that you are transitioning.

Offline Jo35

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 05:36:09 am »
Hey Thank you so much for that warm welcome!! This Forum is really interesting and inspiring. Have a nice Weekend everybody!  :)

Tags: