Author Topic: Weight loss for ftm  (Read 320 times)

Offline KTwondo

• Visitor
Weight loss for ftm
« on: September 21, 2020, 09:46:03 am »
I was wondering if any FtM has had trouble losing weight? I am pre-top surgery and I don’t feel comfortable going to a gym right now since you aren’t supposed to wear your binder while working out. I’m just wondering if I’m the only one that is having trouble losing weight or if it’s a common thing. I thought start hrt would kind of jump start the weight loss but nothing.
Any suggestions?

Offline Maid Marion

Re: Weight loss for ftm
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 10:21:49 am »
My GG partner watched me very carefully and concluded that I weighed less because I ate significantly less than she did.
Eat smaller portions and the weight will come down.  I intentionally cook single meals. 

Marion

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:19:27 pm »
Good evening KTwondo,

I noticed that this is your first post here on Susan's Place.

I would like to take a few moments to welcome you to our little corner of the web. We are a family friendly website for everyone with any type of gender related issue. Many of our members are underage, so we do have to moderate this site with a few Terms of Service. I will post the links below along with links to other important information.

If you feel like it, please consider stopping by the Introductions subforum and tell us a little about yourself.

Again welcome to Susan's Place

Things that you should read

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 07:26:28 pm »
And now back to our regularly scheduled thread:  :laugh:

Weight loss is difficult for everyone. Just before my transition, I had to lose 120 pounds. I did this by eating a lot of vegetables and avoiding any kind of processed foods. The weigh did not come off fast. It took me about 2 years to lose the 120 pounds. This averages out to about 5 pounds a month or 1 pound a week. My weight loss was not easy, but I was driven by a deep need to transition.

Weight loss is possible but it take a lot of concentrated diet and exercise.

Hang in there and never quit, especially if you gain a few pounds.  :-X

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Daniels

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 10:17:41 pm »
My best weight loss tip is to stop eating sugar and stop drinking alcohol. For me, this always brings my weight down quickly. Of course it is much easier said than done:)

Walking is great exercise. That and bodyweight exercises can be done without a gym. I suggest moderate exercise, get plenty of sleep, and eat healthy meals every day. Eating healthy meals, staying hydrated, and resting well will help curb cravings for junk food.

And if you are stressed then practice some stress management. Stress can make it hard to lose weight. 

Hope this helps. Good luck with your goals. Stay focused and be patient and you will reach your goals.

Online MeTony

Weight loss for ftm
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 01:07:06 pm »
Hi. I found this in a bodybuilder group on Facebook.

It’s to build up your body with only your body as weight.

Losing weight is hard. You need to look at what you eat. That is 80%   Exercise and training is 20%.

BUT your internal health, like cholesterol and blood sugar gets better with exercise.

That means, do both.

Offline kings joker

• Friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 10:28:14 pm »
I'm tacking on to what everyone else has said and unfortunately not what you want to hear. Weight-loss is in the food you eat and how much. This spring I saw a slap in the face photo of me that really broke my delusion about how I looked. I've always been active and don't eat a lot of processed foods but I've always eaten large amounts at every meal. This summer I lost 20 pounds and am in the best shape of my life and love my body. No I don't have killer abs or an anaconda for an arm but I'm 3 pants sizes smaller and just don't feel so weighted down.
Truth is, it doesn't matter how much you work out, you'll never see a six pack under 15 pounds of fat. Now when I do start to do body weight exercises like pull ups, I notice my muscle tonage almost immediately because I'm sitting around 18% body fat and not 27% like I use to.
Start with changing your diet and loosing fat then work on building muscle.

Tags: