Author Topic: Have you had any of these Mexican foods?  (Read 176 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Have you had any of these Mexican foods?
« on: September 25, 2020, 09:10:53 am »
Have you had these Mexican foods?  If so, share out about them!

Mole Poblano

Chalupas

Chile Relleno

Tres Leches
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
Re: Have you had any of these Mexican foods?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 01:51:26 am »
Pollo en Mole is probably my favorite Mexican dish!

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 08:30:20 am »
One thing that I have yet to acquire a taste for is “refried beans.”
Now, a good taco is good to find!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 10:12:43 pm »
I live in Texas and Mexican has long been my favorite ethnic cuisine. There's practically nothing in a Mexican restaurant I don't like, but I've guess I haven't tried everything. Mole sauce is fine, though I seldom have it. I suppose Mole Poblano is a variation of the chile relleno with mole sauce, which sounds delicious, alright. For years my favorite chile relleno was one served at a kind of tacky Mexican cafeteria chain called Pancho's. Their's was perfectly cooked with a very thick bread-like batter and came out soft and fluffy. The Pablano pepper had a nice white cheese inside and you'd generally have a yellow cheese sauce over it.   A chalupa is similar to a tostada, but on a boat shaped tortilla. I haven't had one in awhile, but I make tostadas at home all the time. My favorite toppings include chicken breast and onions with chucks of well bell pepper, cooked potato and carrot as well. Of course I melt some chedder on top, then add a bit of salsa verde.

I'm afraid I can't help you on Tres Leches. That's dessert and when I have Mexican, there's no room left after the main course.  ;)

One thing that I have yet to acquire a taste for is “refried beans.”
Now, a good taco is good to find!

Ah, we all have our distinctive tastes. Though perhaps I should be, I'm not ashamed to say pinto beans are literally my favorite food in the world. I crock pot a batch every week or two, then freeze individual servings to use as "refried", etc. The traditional recooking method has never been necessary for me. When I cook my beans I use my own fairly complex seasoning combo and cook my beans very soft with a thick soup, so they're easily mashed for Mexican dishes.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 05:44:31 am »
I live in Miami. Really good Latin cuisine is our pastime here.

So many flavors, so little time.  :laugh:

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: