Author Topic: What would be your only one make-up product you would never give up?  (Read 2851 times)

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
Re: What would be your only one make-up product you would never give up?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 04:25:51 pm »
False eyelashes. I gave up mascara and eyeliner as it takes too long time to wear. False eyelashes are simple to wear, and are reusable.

Yes. In this covid-19 era, I seldom wear foundation or lipstick. Just sun cream is enough.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 08:47:55 pm »
As much as I would like to say lipstick (it's so versatile and expressive) I have to go with eyeliner. It does so much to wake up my face.

Funny story- in college in the 80s, I read in Rolling Stone Magazine that many male rock stars used eye liner (even the manly stars) to create the appearance of eye contact with the audience. So, sleepless finals week rolls around and I, like so many of my peers, was up way to late. I had an early presentation and my eyes were so puffy I could barely see and I knew there was no way I could engage my audience. This was the detail the public speaking instructor said was my downfall and had downgraded me for. Desperate, thinking about the Stones article, I bought some eyeliner, make up remover and Visine. I managed to get the eyeliner light enough to not yell eyeliner but enough to make me look awake. Visine took care of the poking-at'my-eye redness. The grade was good and I "engaged my audience". I don't know if the eyeliner was noticed, but nobody said anything.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2020, 02:32:41 pm »
As much as I would like to say lipstick (it's so versatile and expressive) I have to go with eyeliner. It does so much to wake up my face.

Funny story- in college in the 80s, I read in Rolling Stone Magazine that many male rock stars used eye liner (even the manly stars) to create the appearance of eye contact with the audience. So, sleepless finals week rolls around and I, like so many of my peers, was up way to late. I had an early presentation and my eyes were so puffy I could barely see and I knew there was no way I could engage my audience. This was the detail the public speaking instructor said was my downfall and had downgraded me for. Desperate, thinking about the Stones article, I bought some eyeliner, make up remover and Visine. I managed to get the eyeliner light enough to not yell eyeliner but enough to make me look awake. Visine took care of the poking-at'my-eye redness. The grade was good and I "engaged my audience". I don't know if the eyeliner was noticed, but nobody said anything.

I went through a Goth phase in the 90s and it was my most important item.  Funny I don't use it anymore since going trans.  I concentrate on my brow shape and enhancing lashes/tinting occasionally but that's really all I do.

- Jenny
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline Ryuichi13

• Rhee-yoo-ee-chee (say it fast!)
  • Family
  • Tee, Tea or T? (^_~)
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2020, 12:14:51 am »
I'm not a girl, being FTM, but I couldn't give up black mascara and flavored lip balm of some kind.  Especially since I'm still Goth. 

Mascara shows off my eyes really nicely, and I have to darken my (almost invisible) eyebrows.  Many lip balms often tastes pretty nasty, so I lean towards Lip Smacker, which usually tastes pretty good, and smells even better.

Ryuichi
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
What would be your only one make-up product you would never give up?
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2020, 07:40:24 pm »
Lipstick and lip balm is still my fav, not using much nowadays of either.

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rachel_Christina

• Family
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2020, 05:40:33 am »
Mascara for me.
Litterally all I need.
Other than that I fill in my eyebrows most days too.
Foundation ball that stuff? I don't wear it.

Offline noleen111

• Family
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 07:04:00 am »
I have two, its to close to call one of them

one Mascara, I love making my eyes look pretty, i love wearing eye shadow as well.

the other nail polish, I love painting my nails and almost always i have nail polish on these days. That was something I got into early in my cross dressing days and still love it today. I think its because its something seen as feminine and it easy to apply and remove.  My fav colors are red, blue, dusty pink, dark green and black. I also love the french manicure as well (clear with white tips - for toes or fingers)

The green and the black are mostly painted on my toe nails. The dusty pink surprised me as I don't generally wear pink, the for some reason I love that color, the story behind that color for me, is when I went for SRS, my best friend painted my nails (hands and toes), that color to "remind" the doctor, you making her a girl. she choose that color as she knew I don't like pink, but  I grew to really like the color. I often wear on my toes in the winter months, but it does make it to the hands often. actually black toes and dusty pink fingers are one of my fav combinations in the summer months. In winter, my toes are either french mani or dusty pink, i love how it looks under pantyhose (another fav item of female wear), it gives a very feminine look to my toes.
Enjoying ride the hormones are giving me... finally becoming the woman I always knew I was

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2021, 09:57:45 pm »
Concealer: hides my 5 o'clock shadow.

Offline Mandy M

• Friend
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2022, 06:56:12 am »
Possibly YSL Touche Eclat Concealer. I think it's amazing. Takes years off.

Offline VickyMI

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2022, 06:46:07 am »
Lipstick

Not even a close second place to that one.  💋

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2022, 10:16:56 am »
Without any doubt...  I would never give  Nail Polish  ....   

.......next in line would be lip-gloss or lipstick

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Tags: