Author Topic: Do you like to eat frog legs?  (Read 197 times)

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Do you like to eat frog legs?
« on: October 06, 2020, 04:46:46 pm »

They are worth trying if you never had them.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Friend
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
Re: Do you like to eat frog legs?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 04:47:51 pm »
Taste like chicken... a meagre portion of chicken too.. I prefer snails personally.  ;D ;D ;D
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 04:52:53 pm »
Taste like chicken... a meagre portion of chicken too.. I prefer snails personally.  ;D ;D ;D

I tried snails but they seemed green and a bit rubbery.  However, abalone was also rubbery, and maybe octopus is too!  I do not care for rubbery food. 

I believe that over a billion snails get eaten by people around the world annually, so lots of people do like to eat them, or, at least, try them!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that your speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 08:57:22 pm »
No to frog legs. Tried them once and never again. Texture is just too rubbery for my taste.  :P

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 11:23:22 am »
I didn't mind the taste of frog meat, but like SarahEL suggested, there isn't enough meat there.

I know it's me being lazy, but for me, I found it to be too much work for that small of an amount (I found quail to be the same way). 

I believe in parts of China, they actually have a curry recipe that uses the whole frog.  That would be interesting to try. :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Anastasia

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 10:01:19 pm »
The chicken legs, snails and sushi fall into the same category for me - oh, thats it? I neither like nor dislike it. If somebody buys or prepares it, I'll eat it, but I won't for myself. Abalone, squid and octopus are very good and should not be rubbery. If it is, it was probably over cooked. The time frame from undercooked to cooked to overcooked is about 15 seconds.

Since this seems to be about odd foods, I do like Russian caviar and pickled octopus, but not together necessarily.

Online ChrissyRyan

• “Have a gentle manner”
  • Family
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 11:15:44 pm »
There does appear to be less meat on frog legs than with a typical chicken leg.

I think the preparation of the food is key for about everything we eat.  That can make a big difference in taste, appearance, and quality.

Chrissy

Tags: